• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker vs stock.

dollin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there! I’m in the process of rebuilding my motor. I happen to have a 4.2 crank and rods.
I’m just not sure if I want to use them? If it will affect longevity? Or if I will regret not using them?

I guess I’m looking for someone to convince me elsewhere. I know stock motor is good enough as it is but I don’t want to miss out o. The extra power.

Thank you! advice?

If you have what you need, go for it! Even a small stroke is worth something.

Inherently yes, but that depends on you.

I have assembled a 4.6 stroker and a mini stroker. I have run the mini stroker, but dealing with a miss. My take is it could be more reliable. Depends on quality of parts, machining and assembly. Also, the breakin or run in of the engine. I do have a 4.2 or 258 crank for a future stroker. My plans on that one is stock 4.0L rods and K&B pistons. K&B redid their 4.0L stroker pistons a year or so ago. D shaped. So, helps with the quench. Suppose to be around a 9.3 CR.
Also, the heads would have an effect on your power.

It's all about the build!!! I've held several contests at the shop where you bet on the time a motor put together with questionable junk parts would run, the results would surprise you! My 325hp stroker is going on 7yrs old.

It's all about the build!!! I've held several contests at the shop where you bet on the time a motor put together with questionable junk parts would run, the results would surprise you! My 325hp stroker is going on 7yrs old.
What kind of mileage?

Been dyno-ed many times! A Russ P motor with chevy valve cyl head,intake,exhaust, and throttlebody all done!

I forgot it's also has a Distributorless MSD ignition, ScreaminDeamon coil, reprogrammed PCM, and upside injectors.

Back