• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Srt8

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
Any new thoughts on that? in the GC trim?. i just saw a commercial....

Purple said:
I want one, but cant afford, id throw on a supercharger, dual flowmasters and swap in a viper 6spd.

i think you forgot to mention a 10" Lift, Long arm setup, on board air, GPS, CB with HAM capabilities, compressor, OX lockers, beadlocks, and this being a Daily Driver 35" Tires. :p oh, and a winch, something with synthetic rope:p

Purple said:

Saw one up close & personal on Thursday night. Meh. It's nice enough, but I can think of a whole slew of real sports cars I'd rather spend that sort of money on. Picking off Civics and Integras at the stoplights with a WK just isn't something I aspire to in life.

Personally guys, I think its high time for Americans to get over their love affair with putting large v-8 (or v-10) engines in daily use passenger cars. Plus I'm not exactly thrilled with Jeep's trend from multi-duty vehicles to street cruisers.

I'd like to see the large suv's powered by more turbo diesel engines but GM killed that market, I remember the problems of grandpa's diesel k5 blazer in the 80s.

Now if they sold these here in the US I would definetly be interested: Troller T4 Turbo diesel, 5 speed tranny, dana axles... what more do you need?

bajacalal said:
Personally guys, I think its high time for Americans to get over their love affair with putting large v-8 (or v-10) engines in daily use passenger cars. Plus I'm not exactly thrilled with Jeep's trend from multi-duty vehicles to street cruisers.

I'd like to see the large suv's powered by more turbo diesel engines but GM killed that market, I remember the problems of grandpa's diesel k5 blazer in the 80s.

Now if they sold these here in the US I would definetly be interested: Troller T4 Turbo diesel, 5 speed tranny, dana axles... what more do you need?
Somehow I think that market was killed more by America's love affair with power and gas engines. It wasn't until fairly recentlydiesels became comparable to gas for power and beating it for torque. Now that market is fighting its way back. I think the large diesel SUV market it ready to come back.

BlackSport96 said:
Somehow I think that market was killed more by America's love affair with power and gas engines. It wasn't until fairly recentlydiesels became comparable to gas for power and beating it for torque. Now that market is fighting its way back. I think the large diesel SUV market it ready to come back.
I sure hope so.

Jeep is really screwing up IMO. It seems like every version they release gets lower to the ground, bigger rims, and less off-road capable.

420 hp/ 420 ft.lb torque, full time 4 wheel drive, brembo 4 piston callipers, D44, run flat tires = no spare or jack, no roof rack, 1 inch lower, 20 in wheels. Sounds fun! But not too practical.

blacksport96 said:

GM products are often cited for killing the Diesel market in the U.S. First there was the attempt at converting the SBC to diesel and it wasn't very reliable due to not handling the extra stresses of the Diesel cycle. The Blazer & Suburban was one the first and few diesel SUVs in America. Like mentioned I got to ride in it a lot. It wasn't bad (6.2 I think), but it was a poorly designed car. The windows had to be up because the exhaust had a tendency to recirculate in. This was when diesel exhaust was much darker and smellier than today. It would overheat under loads, a lot of small problems. I also remember it had speckled grey paint for headliner and was very utilitarian (not that I care mind you, I drive a jeep).

GPRSDYLT: Thanks for the link:)

Back