• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Wrenchfest

I have the drinks and ice ready for tomorrow.

Side note: I lost my 15mm 6 point socket today, so hopefully I won't need that tomorrow. If so, I'll have to bum one :-/

I have the drinks and ice ready for tomorrow.

Side note: I lost my 15mm 6 point socket today, so hopefully I won't need that tomorrow. If so, I'll have to bum one :-/

Three of the most used bolt head sizes on a XJ are 10mm, 13mm, and 15mm. :D I had to get a warranty replacement on my 15mm because I wore it out and the replacement is already showing signs of wear.

Three of the most used bolt head sizes on a XJ are 10mm, 13mm, and 15mm. :D I had to get a warranty replacement on my 15mm because I wore it out and the replacement is already showing signs of wear.

Mine was a pure accident. I sat it on the front bumper while I finished up working on the front, went for a test drive afterward, and forgot it was on there *face palm*. It was to late to get a replacement, the store was closed. Who knows where it went. I plan to stop by sears Sunday to get another one...I just won't have time before the party.

Btw, I'm getting ready now to head that way.

Got some good work done today. I was first on the lift and Mark and I replaced the front brake lines with a set from a Chevy pick up. Dan helped us get them bled and Ed laid down some weld on my broken exhaust hanger.

Ed was up on the lift next and he and Dan replaced the entire exhaust from header to tailpipe - as far as I know. I only say that because I wasn't a part of that job. I was rebuilding double cardon drive shafts. I got one complete for Ed, and tore down a second that we didn't repair because the ball was not good.

Eric was the last one on the lift. We got his front axle swapped out. I left before it was complete, but I heard from Mark there was some unexpected cutting and welding that needed to take place.

Alex came in him 1987/97 MJ, which is very well done. Nice piece of work. Alex helped out in a couple of projects, and got one of his own driveshafts rebuilt as well.

Dan and Carissa came up from the south with a Dodge and a trailer, which Mark was happy to see. Tyler finished his white Jeep. We didn't do any work on either of Mark's Jeeps, but I did get a double cardon rebuilt for him also.

Brian make the trip in "the other Annie." He pitched in on a number of projects. Finally Jeremy brought over his '97 and he and Mark did a rear axle swap.

And, as importantly as anything, Mark and Ed got some more scrap metal to turn in to bolster their Moab fund.

Another great workday in the books!

It was a great day but I'm beat and I didn't do anything. I've been going since 3:30am.

Im glad I made it out and finally got to see ed's shop. Had a load of fun.

Really enjoyed seeing my friends again, even above working on the jeeps. My front axle and steering all work good, and it rides good, but I had forgotten to tighten the frame end tierod end on my newish, freshly shortened adjustable trac bar. It didn't death wobble, but going into a curve on my way back into Murfreesboro I tried to turn and the jeep went straight. I stopped and replaced the lost castle nut rather quickly, lol.
It was great meeting the "new guys", and I am pretty impressed with Alex's mj myself. I agree that black paint would really look killer on it.
I really appreciate all the help from Dirk, Mark, Brian, Ed, Dan and Alex, and the killer deal on the 8.25 from jhumphrey (Jeremy?). My rusty beater gets closer to being a legitimate wheeler every couple of weeks! I even believe Dan got that wonky bumper welded on well enough that I can Use it as a tow point, instead of ot just bwing there for looks to deterr the cops. I'll have that rear axle in as soon as I have some free time, welded with Zj brakes, and then I'll be on the hunt for some affordable used 33's.

We had a great time towing and wrenching! Dirk and Eric summed up the day pretty well...

Can't wait to see everyone at the Crawl!

I wanted to thank everyone for letting me come out and work on my jeep. It was great to meet everyone and especially thank mark for helping me swap in that 29 spline axle :)

Sorry about the lag on info, but I'm not gonna be able to make it. In case you didn't already figure that out. I had to work late and didn't leave work until 11am. I wish I could have been there to help out. Glad to see you got a lot accomplished!

Sorry about the lag on info, but I'm not gonna be able to make it. In case you didn't already figure that out. I had to work late and didn't leave work until 11am. I wish I could have been there to help out. Glad to see you got a lot accomplished!

Wish you had come, man! We worked kinda late, I didn't leave till almost
Dark

Hate I missed this one guys! Where are the pics!?

Ed's Jeep is by far the easiest one i've ever worked on. Period. The amount of anti-seeze the man has coated that Jeep with is insane...and it does it's job!!

I'm a bit late but I had a great day!! I can honestly say I was one tired ole man but there was a lot of work done.

Thanks to all that came out. It was good to see everyone and great to meet some new people. I'm always amazed at how diverse a group of guys we are but how well we "speak" Jeep and just fall in together to get a job done. NAXJA is a great place and IMHO the SEC represents the best of what NAXJA is.

Not many pictures, but here are a few.

IMG_0733_zps4e56a79d.jpg

IMG_0735_zps077f9eb6.jpg

IMG_0736_zps8a2f3061.jpg

IMG_0737_zps9a52bb0c.jpg

IMG_0738_zps98bc818e.jpg

IMG_0739_zps35d098bf.jpg

Back