• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some advice on finding an MJ

bigalpha

I have a tentative offer to sell my Ranger for $2k.

My goal is to to get a DD MJ.

I haven't found one recently that's within my budget (~$2k). It's gotta be ready to go for a DD (no rust is a major plus).

So, any tips on finding a decent MJ? Anyone know of one ready to DD around this area?

TIA.

I did find one on CL in Nashville listed for $3500. It just seems ridiculously overpriced for a 1990 (nothing fancy, either).

Yeah I know there was alot about ad that didnt add up. But like I said I didnt call or anything and just threw it out there incase he wanted to look into it.

Gig A. Good Luck. People that have MJ's generaly know they were only made from 87 -92. A good mj will fetch 2K easy. At least that has been my experience.

I had to look for mine. A while. I do finally have a power steering setup for it.

I was seriously toying with selling it a while back but I think I worked finances out to where I can keep it without eating Ramen for a prolonged period of time.

Good luck finding a nice MJ for <$2000

I bought mine for $400 and it was in nice shape and ran good. I have bought 3 MJ for less than $500 each. They can be hard to find but they are not worth more than $2000, unless it is a low mileage, perfect condition 91-92 barn find.

There are 5 of them on the ATL Craigslist.

I guess you really don't want one then.

I drove from GA to PA to get my first MJ. 12 hrs each way! But it was worth it for me to finally get my hands on one.

It is only a few hours each way. Make a weekend family trip out of it. Swing by the fish pond in ATL or go to a ball game that night.

Unfortunately, I don't have any free weekends this month, so I can't make a weekend trip out of it.

So, at this point, it's too far of a drive from Clarksville.

Thanks.

I just sold my truck for $2200. I have $$ burning a hole in my pocket! So, my budget'll be around $2k or so.

Last edited:
Back