• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some advice on finding an MJ

If you decide to pick up one of the ones off the ATL side. I will gladly store it here until you can find time to come get it.

I hear that. I could possibly look at them and give you a call while I am there.

The most important thing to check on them are the floors, bed (under flares), and the rear frame for rust.

Other than that most things can be quickly and cheaply fixed with a quick purchase of a XJ for parts, LOL!

I hear that. I could possibly look at them and give you a call while I am there.

The most important thing to check on them are the floors, bed (under flares), and the rear frame for rust.

Other than that most things can be quickly and cheaply fixed with a quick purchase of a XJ for parts, LOL!

Sweet. I really appreciate the offer. I'll get back with you about that.

There is a guy that lives just down the road from me in Cullman, AL and he has a CLUTCH MJ. I want to say it's a 1990. He got in touch with me cause his Puegot finally took a dump on him. The thing has like 290k on it, but it's on it's second engine and it runs really well.....only problem is that it's missing it's transmission. He's had it for sale and it hasnt moved since March, so I bet he'd want to let it go for cheap. Might let it go for a grand, maybe less and if you found a 5 speed (or automatic, if you wanted to go that route) then it'd be a great truck.

It's not got a dent on it, and has 94% perfect paint. I want the thing so bad I cant stand it, but my budget won't allow it. It's a 2wd and red in color with bucket seats.

Best of all, it's a SWB model.

If you are interested, then let me know and I'll give you his number. If you come by while I'm in town this summer, then you can get that, meet me and tour the bullet company while you're at it.

There is a guy that lives just down the road from me in Cullman, AL and he has a CLUTCH MJ. I want to say it's a 1990. He got in touch with me cause his Puegot finally took a dump on him. The thing has like 290k on it, but it's on it's second engine and it runs really well.....only problem is that it's missing it's transmission. He's had it for sale and it hasnt moved since March, so I bet he'd want to let it go for cheap. Might let it go for a grand, maybe less and if you found a 5 speed (or automatic, if you wanted to go that route) then it'd be a great truck.

It's not got a dent on it, and has 94% perfect paint. I want the thing so bad I cant stand it, but my budget won't allow it. It's a 2wd and red in color with bucket seats.

Best of all, it's a SWB model.

If you are interested, then let me know and I'll give you his number. If you come by while I'm in town this summer, then you can get that, meet me and tour the bullet company while you're at it.

Ah, I need something I can start driving as a DD; sounds like a good deal, though.

Is the SWB better than the LWB? I kind of prefer the LWB.

I have had 2 LWB and now have a shorty. Once this Short box is finished it will be going on E-Bay. I do not really like short beds. They seem to never have enough box space when you need it most. I could barely get my Honda 300EX in the bed of the shorth box. I could easily fit the 300 and my son's 150 on the tailgate.

SWBs do look good with 4" of lift though.

Is the LWB a 6' bed and the SWB a 4' bed? I will come up with some features that I'm looking for in one so I can't more easily narrow down my search.

SWB was 6'
LWB was 7'

You also have to be willing to travel.

I figure you're quite a ways away, but it's up to dad if we can use the range for the "free samples".... but I doubt he'd mind me giving a quick tour.

I too am willing to travel. We'll see if NAXJA, business, or chance brings me to your neck of the woods. Then we'll see what your Dad says.
I have a friend that works at Star Ammunition in Indy but never took the tour. Now I live just as far in either direction. It would be a gas, me thinks. :patriot:

What I'm looking for:
6 cyl
AT or MT - doesn't matter
Good heat
Good A/C
Prefer LWB
Little to no rust
Decent interior

I understand I may not find a perfect MJ, but I want one that's in good shape. It needs to be DD ready when I buy it.

Muchas Gracias, amigos.

You forgot the most important parts...

How much you looking to spend, 2WD or 4WD, and how far are you willing to travel?

What I'm looking for:
$2,000 or less
6 cyl
AT or MT - doesn't matter
Good heat
Good A/C
Prefer LWB, but not necessary
Little to no rust
Decent interior
Prefer 4WD, but not necessary
Lift is definitely not necessary. If lifted, I will unlift it.
Can travel 8 hours. This encompasses the 20 CL listings closest to me; including Chicago, IL; Augusta, GA; Athens, OH.

Last edited:
Back