• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some advice on finding an MJ

Just bought a 91 straight 6/aw4 from the original owner. Clean and mostly rust free and clean body but there is some rust under the carpet. It is a runner but has a loud rod knock. I have a line on a replacement engine so it should all come together. I am going to make a clean DD/parts runner out of it. :eeks1:

They are available on a semi regular basis around here. I know it's too far for you to travel but, Out west is where the nice ones are. I picked up my '88 SWB off Craigslist. I wasn't really looking to buy and, so I watched this ad for about a month before I called the guy. It had 112k on it and the trans was shot. Body and interior were nearly perfect. It had been sitting for 9 years. I picked it up for $150 and threw a spare AX15 I had in it. Maybe I should just buy a trailer load and bring them back east....
IM000713.jpg

Looks familar... Wanna trade?

DSCN0261.JPG

They are available on a semi regular basis around here. I know it's too far for you to travel but, Out west is where the nice ones are. I picked up my '88 SWB off Craigslist. I wasn't really looking to buy and, so I watched this ad for about a month before I called the guy. It had 112k on it and the trans was shot. Body and interior were nearly perfect. It had been sitting for 9 years. I picked it up for $150 and threw a spare AX15 I had in it. Maybe I should just buy a trailer load and bring them back east....
IM000713.jpg

Now that's nice!!! I'd take one from your trailer load sale.

Didn't you pick that up for some ridiculously cheap price?

Me? $300 w/ 140k on the clock. The body is obviously in bad condition, still need to replace a hard brake line and fix the steering (Its getting the d30 from my XJ when I replace that). It will be ready for a mulch/lumber/parts hauler then, all I want out of it.

Now that's nice!!! I'd take one from your trailer load sale.
Thanks. I really like that little truck. There are 3 or 4 around here right now for sale. All under $1k

Check your PM's. I sent you some specs on one I found for sale yesterday.

Bam, suckas!! I got one. It's the one Ed saw this morning.

It's blue. Clear coat is gnarly, it has a massive oil leak; the whole underside of the body is coated in oil; the temp gauge reads about 100* too low, and it revs up super high when in 'P', no tailgate and the AC doesn't work.

But, I picked her up for $900, so I saved a butt-ton of $. I'll just needa fix the few small things that are wrong and it'll be peachy. I'm uploading some pics to flickr right now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigalpha/sets/72157618032235003/

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16667&p=168607#p168607

Last edited:
Back