• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

hey guys, know of any steel shops in town that will sell anything less than a 20ft stick of tubing. i need to get 2 1/4 inch chromolly tubing to do my bump stop cans but i dont know anywhere that will sell me less.

idea number 2. TONE i was wondering if you were going to do air bumps front and rear soon? and wanted to split the cost of a 20 foot stick. we could get 10 and 10 which would be more than enough to make 4 bump cans. my friend is going to be fabbing up my front bumpstops hopefully this weekend. and he has an xj he will be doing it to so if you were interested in this at all let me know.

Won't Gold Coast or Santa Fe sell shorter lengths ?? I think there's a place in P.S. There's a welding place in Thermal S.E. corner of 56 & Hwy. 111 right behind the tracks... they might have some remnants.

Curt

Got good news today, financial assistance from the hospital is gonna cover my bill %100 from my broken hand, and re-fund me everything that I've paid so far!

DO i see a PARTY/BBQ on YOU ?? We can use my house for this...Lot's of room here to pitch your tent to sleep it off..
PLUS we can do a run and see the MAD FLEX tone has now..

Last edited:
If I can get my doctors bill covered then I don't see why not maybe throw a M&G when it cools off?

I was thinking of doing just that when she cools in OCT...I hear paul wanted to do a run(NIGHT) when it cools down at night..I don't think we'll do that this week..LOL.
At 8:35 it is 109..We gone down 6 degrees tonite

Last edited:
Scott, google searched this pick up. Its called a "heavy half" or "Big 10". Wiki says it was a way for the builders to get around smog laws, by raising the load cap. 6010 lb load, 2000 lb. in bed. Engine is (was) a LS9, with a tranny code of m40. I had to look hard for this code in a 1/2 ton, it's a TH400. Bigger frame, brakes, axle & power steering system, seem to round off the differences. The VIN showed the "forth number a 4..." which was the code for these big 10's. Now if it would just grow a t-case and front axle.

OK you dirty RATS..I hear we need to keep our eyes open for the BB run..Max is back in town, so now he will get a date set that he can make it..

Paul when is your junk going to be ready? I think this will be around the OCT so we will have time to get our junk ready to go..
Tone i want you to try to make this run, don't flake..
Curt what needs to be done on your jeep?
Grandrunner are you going to try to make this trip..
HEY RAY, we want the TU TU man to run this too..LOL.

only thing i cant keep up with is the rear right now. "unfortunately" there is alot more to do on the rear of a zj than a few nuts bolts and a couple holes to drill :roll:. bring it cherokee boy! lol

LOL! :laugh3:

OK you dirty RATS..I hear we need to keep our eyes open for the BB run..Max is back in town, so now he will get a date set that he can make it..

Paul when is your junk going to be ready? I think this will be around the OCT so we will have time to get our junk ready to go..
Tone i want you to try to make this run, don't flake..
Curt what needs to be done on your jeep?
Grandrunner are you going to try to make this trip..
HEY RAY, we want the TU TU man to run this too..LOL.

First off I need to air up Octo-Plug... then I should probably start it, been a month. Then go from there...
Oct. is a weird month... we'll see.

Curt

I had one hell of a fkn day! I now rent a apt in thermal! Story to come... Getting pwr turned on tomorrow

I think they may have forgot to align the front end, after they put it together. So I'll be ready for a run tonight...Who's with me!?! Aaaah, it's not that hot, so what if my cactus are dieing of exposure. :skull1:

No run for me tonight either, I need to center the axle and steering wheel. Monday morning we'll try again on an alignment.

Back