• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SNOWmageddon

got my power back on!!!!
woo hoo!!

they still ghaven't got to our street.
they have a bucket tractor scooping and putting it in
semi trailers. I can see them about a 1/4 mile away.

BOB

We ended up getting about a half inch of ice. This crap sucks!

We ended up getting about a half inch of ice. This crap sucks!

You only got an half inch, you got lucky.

This was my sidewalk after me pounding 1 1/2 inches of ice off it.
P1010594.jpg

P1010595.jpg

The Driveway, I did about 10 swings with the blunt end of an ax and it made a hole, but didn't do crap on making big chunks come up.

This stuff is near impossible to clean up as you guys seem to have realized. I just spent about 2 hours driving my tractor with a bucket on the front of it over my driveway (John Deere 420, for those who care). It didnt do squat! I made shaved ice, thats about it.

I'll play. I live about 5-10 miles off the lake front. Oh yeah, near an airport too so the wind gets whipped up real nice.
DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

I haven't made it to my dads shop yet to see how the jeep looks. Maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky. Surprised I didn't get called into work under institution emergency but not going to complain.

The dog loves this though.
DSCN0673.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry everyone....
I retract my last statement, got the jeep absolutely buried over the hood today, ten feet from my driveway. Shoveled 50 feet of driveway with at least 4 feet of snow on it. My neighbor has a drift all the to his roof. Plowed at work all day and got no where. WHAT A BITCH

Sorry everyone....
I retract my last statement, got the jeep absolutely buried over the hood today, ten feet from my driveway. Shoveled 50 feet of driveway with at least 4 feet of snow on it. My neighbor has a drift all the to his roof. Plowed at work all day and got no where. WHAT A BITCH

What time did you end up leaving? Man, I left you guys at 4pm and it didnt even seem like we dented it.

about 10.30 this morn

We didn't get hit like you cheeseheads, or even like LSD, but it was enough to be interesting.

The drive home from work yesterday made me realize my '94 wasn't going to cut it today. Luckily Cindy's place of employment closed for the day, so I could take advantage of her MTRs, lift, and F/R Detroits to get me to work and back today.

On the way to work...

Had to plow myself a parking spot in the customer's driveway.

Drift by their neighbor's house

Back home

I did the redneck plow job on my driveway, then did a path for my neighbor to get his RAV4 out to the plowed part of the cul-de-sac. I guess the next neighbor saw me do that and figured they could get through it in their Durango, so I got to tow them out.

Did the redneck plow on the side drive too, since I will need the van on Friday...

Even with the limited slip on the van, I couldn't get it more than about 30' back from the garage, so I will have to do some shoveling, and max out all 4 air springs.

24" here in the suburbs north of Chicago. Probably have to go to work tomorrow. A storm this size used to cripple the city at least a couple of days now not much more than 1 day.
Ron

Driving through this much snow in the jeep fun shoveling it not so much. Work till 11 last night on the ambulance up at 5 30 this morning to get my mother in law to work this morning shes a supervisor on the tollway so she had to get in. didn't realize a stock xj could go through drifts up to the headlights 4 and a half hours clearing my driveway and back at work tonight for another 14 hours

I had a good time with it too. Driving home from Janesville Tuesday BEFORE it got bad and the small drift I had to show who was the BOSS.

IMAG0022.jpg IMAG0041.jpg

I had a terrible day, My dad is on vacation so I need to babysit my 40 year old sister all of her horses.
I worked for an hour just to get my truck out of the garage.
It took me 3 hours to get to my dad's house, all state highway, but some places were over the hood of my truck, a Jeep would have in no way made it!
I got to his house, and got stuck in his driveway. so I shoveled my truck out. My bro-in-law, tried to plow Tuesday night with the Bobcat that has a plow, cab, heater, etc. but the hose that angles the blade sprung a leak and he just abandoned it in the drive, unplugged, and the lights left on overnight!
So old Sean had to trudge his way to the other barn and get the old loader tractor, and plug it in, and wait for an hour to start it. But someone had already tried to start it and ground the starter until it's battery was dead, so I had to use the jump box.
Cleaning 14 inches of snow with out a cab, and an angled brings the major suck!
I got the Bobcat going, threw my back out to the point that every bump felt as if I was being stabbed.
I worked at her place for 10 hours, because horses need 100% of their lot cleaned, you know.
I can home to find a 6 foot wall of snow at the end of my driveway. So I ran the snow blower until 8:30 last night.
The city took a loader and piled snow on my corner, 8 feet high, I better not get a ticket for not cleaning the sidewalk, or there will be a shit storm at city hall!

my favorite way to contend with horses is w/ a gun....or a BBQ grill.

I got out and played a bit when i went to check on my parents house.

blizzard 2001.jpg blizzard 2001 - 2.jpg

Back