• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snowboard boots

I hate Burton. Everything I've owned of theirs has either broken, fallen apart, or worn out really easily. Not to mention being about 1.5x the price of comparable equipment from other manufacturers :rolleyes:

Sorry you've had this experience. Riding style, frequency and terrain are variables which directly effect equipment longevity, as does maintenance.......I get a kick out people who cry that they lost a strap or their bindings ripped out, but never pick up a tool to keep their gear in tune. I have a 1993 Craig Kelly 163cm that I still ride regularly.......doesn't seem to want to wear out or break. ;>)

I've never had a problem with Burton........and only a fool pays retail. :looney:

Last edited:
Sorry you've had this experience.

No worries. I'm not the only one though... As was said above, it seems that *for the most part* alot of the people riding Burton stuff are people riding it just for the namesake, and because in their eyes Burton is the irrefutable best product on the market. At my local shop, I've heard the managers commenting multiple times that the *only* reason they carried Burton product was the fact that they wouldn't be able to keep afloat otherwise.

Riding style, frequency and terrain are variables which directly effect equipment longevity, as does maintenance.

:thumbup: for sure

I get a kick out people who cry that they lost a strap or their bindings ripped out, but never pick up a tool to keep their gear in tune.

I keep my stuff in the best shape I can. Last thing I want is to be riding what has the potential to be great, but is total crap due to my irresponsibility in maintenance. I also like hearing people pass the buck onto either the manufacturer of whatever they're riding, or the shop they bought something from, when in reality it's obviously their own ignorance at fault.

I have a 1993 Craig Kelly 163cm that I still ride regularly.......doesn't seem to want to wear out or break. ;>)

Craig Kelly is the man :cheers: I bet that's a nice board. I don't deny that Burton did a whole lot of good for the industry back in the early days, but I think they've gotten a wee-bit overrated in recent years as far as product quality/reputation...

and only a fool pays retail. :looney:

I agree with ya there. For the past few years I've been riding Illuminati decks with Union bindings, and I think both of those companies are just awesome. Great quality, awesome pricing, rider owned and operated, and like you say about retail, I got huge price breaks from both of the companies directly, and all I did was call and talk(with owners right off the bat) with them about riding, then they asked what I was looking for, and offered the deal. Try that with Burton (unless your name's Shaun White :D)

awwww poor guy!! Have fun :D

Back