• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoothest Riding 3" to 4" lift for XJ? All imput welcome!

My setup is 3.5 inch lift front and rear. I went with OME full leafs + JKS shackle in the back and JKS ACOS up front with OME springs and OME nitro shocks all around. I had some trouble with OME shocks. Seems they didn't last too long after rotating the rear axle pinion. The back shocks would las ~2 years then the body would crack and leak oil. I changed to bilstein's for this reason, the oil reservoir is at the top of the shock body.

Has anyone gotten theirs to ride as good as stock or better? I've actually never ridden in a stock xj so I have no idea but when I put a stock pack in the rear of mine it was like butter with the OMEs but sagged like ass. So I got an extra main in and am modifying the front end tommarow to make everything level and will see from there then get some thinner coils after testing the arm angle change.

Has anyone gotten theirs to ride as good as stock or better? I've actually never ridden in a stock xj so I have no idea but when I put a stock pack in the rear of mine it was like butter with the OMEs but sagged like ass. So I got an extra main in and am modifying the front end tommarow to make everything level and will see from there then get some thinner coils after testing the arm angle change.

Well currently, my springs are stock. However the rear leaf springs have become inverted and the ride is kinda harsh. I have no idea how a new factory setup would ride.

I built mine using older Trailmaster (read soft) front springs, drop brackets, and a Dakota bastard pack and the ride improved over stock-- this doesn't really help much though-- the stock stuff was pretty spent!

I tend to agree that the OME stuff with proper angles will get you pretty close to a stock ride. I've ridden in Jared's (scarylilguy) and it's better than most/all of the worn stockers I've been in.

You run LA's? For us short arm guys they really help out. BTW, we don't need the excuse "you'll hang up on them". Ive been running mine for years, never had an issue.

nope. short arms in stock geometry. I don't have an issue with the ride characteristics. has almost enough travel as I want, and I have never been totally hung up on them, I have slid across them once or twice though.

and that's not an excuse, its a thing that will happen. you may get lucky with them, many do, but if you really wheel in the rocks (and I'll be honest, I haven't wheeled in about a year) but I have watched one get ripped right off a rig.

reading all of this is making me think I have ordered the wrong kit.
I have a RC 4.5" X-series Kit (not installed yet). What can i do besides better shocks to make mine ride smooth?

OME V8 ZJ coils, OME leaves with extra leaf, and OME shocks= Caddy on 32's.

To the OP, I think I understand why you're an ex-subaru dude........mine is DRIVING ME NUTS!!!! :D

this is basically what I have rides super nice got it from Dirk at DPG offroad .. Been 2 years almost and couldn't be happier

Back