• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slick Rock Closed until 2018 ?

I just called the FS, and the entire slick rock trail is to remain closed for the foreseeable future. We can keep calling back to see if it ends up opening.

Wow!! I was looking forward to making a late June weekend trip once some more snow melts.. Thank you for sharing, I'll keep up on it too to see if anything changes.

Wow!! I was looking forward to making a late June weekend trip once some more snow melts.. Thank you for sharing, I'll keep up on it too to see if anything changes.

We all need to keep on this to see if Slick Rock ends up opening at all this year. I guess Spicer Dam Road washed out , and for some reason they are keeping slick rock closed .

Or another idea would be Rubicon plus Barrett Lake.

I don't know if Barrett will be open when we do Sierra Fest. It normally doesn't open until late July, and will probably open later than this year due to all the snow. The Hi Lander's website is predicting a late opening.

We all need to keep on this to see if Slick Rock ends up opening at all this year. I guess Spicer Dam Road washed out , and for some reason they are keeping slick rock closed .

Yeah this sucks. Access from Spicer reservoir road is closed because the road is trashed, and access from the lake alpine side is closed because the new property owner of the cabin at the end of the lake doesn't want the road to go through their property like it has for years. Last I heard the new trail from the alpine side would be completed by the end of 2018 but who knows about the fixes to the road to spicer.

At least it sounds like deer valley is opening back up..

I would be down to wait for Barret to Open up and push SF back another month.... and do rubicon and Barret.

Its open. Just got off the phone with the ranger district. The south end only is open, north side access is closed. The south side was going to take until 2018 IF they paved it, they decided against paving it and just filled in the washed out road with gravel instead to get it open now

Its open. Just got off the phone with the ranger district. The south end only is open, north side access is closed. The south side was going to take until 2018 IF they paved it, they decided against paving it and just filled in the washed out road with gravel instead to get it open now
So, is this the 'waterfall' side that is open?
Forgive my ignorance of this area.

the access road to the "waterfall" side is open. Supposedly the north entrance is not open.
so you would run the trial south to north, then turn around and run it back.

I also heard that hwy-4 was closed due to construction and the pic's on the Alpine County sheriff's facebook page didn't look good. But I just got off the phone with the people at Alpine Lake Resort and they informed me that hwy-4 is now fully open, as of Friday. So at least we'll be able to get to Hermit Valley.:woohoo:

Back