• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2010 Recap

wish I could have made it, hopefully next year work will be kinder. Luckily I will be hitting DV and slickrock in a couple weeks for a friends bachelor party. Bring on some more pics!

JeepSlickrock.jpg

2" lift 31x10.5x15 open open going up slickrock... good day lots of grinding gears though...

hah except it got winched up the easy part

Great time and many thanks to all that worked to put on the event and to those that participated !! party1: Can't wait to go on the next NAXJA event!!

And thanks to all who spotted for the old white haired guy !! (Man does he need the help....)

I forgot to add a thanks to Eric for all the help moving boulders on Slick Rock. Very heroic climbing under rocknxj's rig to build that ramp to allow his rig to get off that dirty mean no good rock.:D

I forgot to add a thanks to Eric for all the help moving boulders on Slick Rock. Very heroic climbing under rocknxj's rig to build that ramp to allow his rig to get off that dirty mean no good rock.:D

Oh snap. Yes, he did stack plenty of rocks for me, didn't he? Thanks for the &%$# reminder. Hopefully somebody got some pics so I can finally see what I was trying to drive over.

Thanks for stacking boulders, Eric.

Great photo, G2M. That's the same obstacle that the Frog had an epic fail. Front locker would not engage and I was left defeated and humbled. Fun as hell, though.

I don't think it was your front locker, that seemed to be working, and that was in no way a epic fail, nothing broke, and no body damage from that last hill that I saw.

I think it was a tork issue, the motor sounded good, but it was like you had no power to the wheels. Where you all the way down in 1st? Is that tranismision loosing power? I know NOTHING about automatics but I am sure someone here knows how to help you out. With that rig the way you have it set up you should have walked right up that line.

And thanks to all who spotted for the old white haired guy !! (Man does he need the help....)

I thought you told the two young politicians you were blonde?

Thanks to all who worked so hard upfront, during and behind the scenes to make this a successful event. It was my 1st Sierrafest meet. With God willing and if the creeks don't rise I'll be at more.

Last edited:
Here are some pics...enjoy!
Deer Valley
100_0594.jpg

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

100_0614.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

Slick Rock
100_0630.jpg

100_0637.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0653.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0685.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0696.jpg

Wish I was still up there, can't wait for the next NAXJA trail run!

Bryan

Wow great pic's Bryan, I cant wait to get back up there!

Sorry I missed Slick Rock. It took me a good 2 hours to clear camp so in a way I'm glad I didn't go :)

Can't wait to see everyone again. This really is an awesome group of folks.

On a seperate note: I know nothing of trail maintenance and what it takes to get permissiona and so on but I would like to put a group together to go back up to Deer Valley and work on the mud hole. I will post up a Thread in the Sierra Chapter with suggested dates and suggestion on how to work on it and so on.

Last edited:
great pics Bryan I should have done slick rock it looked like fun we didnt catch any fish but we did fire off a few rounds @ some paper it shots a little right

I spent an additional week camping immediately after SierraFest so I am just now looking at these photos and reading everyone's comments. It sounds like everybody had a blast, as did I. Thanks!

Back