• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter.... hello?

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
What's up with our chapter? I've noticed its been real quiet around here... is it because we don't have enough members?

In fresno, I try to chat with every lifted XJ I see and I always... always bump the site and ask them to join (chated with 3 guys in the last 2 months) but I don't ever see much activity going on (as in with other chapters)

Is there any way we can set up a get together some time soon? Bring a friend kind of a thing...

selarep said:
What's up with our chapter? I've noticed its been real quiet around here... is it because we don't have enough members?

In fresno, I try to chat with every lifted XJ I see and I always... always bump the site and ask them to join (chated with 3 guys in the last 2 months) but I don't ever see much activity going on (as in with other chapters)

Is there any way we can set up a get together some time soon? Bring a friend kind of a thing...

This has been the trend over the last couple of years. We used to be one of the most active chapters in NAXJA, but that has changed. Not sure why, but that is how it is nowdays. If you wanted to organize a get together I say go for it. The last one I put together only attracted 3 people. :dunno:

If this keeps up we might need to disband our chapter. :(

You guys are a bunch of Worry WARTS!

I guarantee the next "4th of July Bash" on the 30th of June at FarmerMatts is going to be a blast!

I'm sure Sierra Fest and the Swamp Run will be another good one.

I know the regulars have just become lurkers waiting for some new blood to stir stuff up.

The problem is we don't have any Tards creating any web drama lately. That is why the board has been slow.

We need people like "Big Red" "Stoney" and "WesternXJ aka Kevin" ;) to stir the pot up once in awhile.

So anyone volunteering at being the next TARD!

I nominate Letterman! :D

Disband the chapter?! EEP!

Ok... Meet and greet at Bald mountan on june 22-23???
any one else in? I should have my lift done by then, if not, I'll be fine on 2" w/31"s

As for me, Ive been outta the loop since my D35 blew out for the 3rd time last October and I decided not to drop any more$$ into that bottomless pit.
Been saving up for a D44 and should have it in in time for Moab fall fling.
Was on my way to Moab last Oct when it went out, wasn't even wheelin, just driving up Tehachapi Pass...AARRGG!
Anyway Ill get more active with the club once I get my junk rolling again.

Any tips on where to get a pre-fab'd bolt-in 44 would be appreciated.
So far best deal I've found is at 4WS.com

See y'all at Matt's party!

Hey I went down for the Pismo Beach run. Where were all you people?

For me I don't always have weekends off, and I am not sure how many people here have weekdays off. That makes it hard to make plans.

i try to get together with the chapter as much as i can, went to bald mtn., pismo, but im a broke teenager so driving far is kinda hard, especialy with the high gas prices and lack of gears. If the chapter wants to go somewhere local like hollister or parie city (never been) again ill be down for sure now that high school is less then a week from over WooHoo!!

We can only do what we can. It is what it is. Last year, we (BOD) tried to amp up the chapter and got burned bad. This year, it's only what it is.

Many of us are at different places in our lives now. Our families are getting bigger, some are going to school, some just got out of school, etc.

It's just a transition time. Interest ebbs and flows. It'll be back.

I don't get it, seems to me there is lots going on! Last years Nov. JV run was over 70 rigs! 70 RIGS! We gave lots of cash to someone for some thing good for wheeling! I almost won a prise in the raffle!

We had a great snow run to Bald, a good run to Hollister, like "rightseatsis" said about the Pismo run, it sounded fun (sorry I missed it), but I have plans to try to make it for the Sierra Fest this year.

Don't hate on this Chapter because we don't have cool threads about how to fit 23 dogs in the back of a 1994 XJ with a 3" lift and 36" IROK's!

Seems to me there have been some good runs and photos posted as far back as last weekend!

And now we might even get some shirts! In different colors too!!! :shocked:

OK I am going a little over board, but I have to say thanks to the people that put the time and effort into this Chapter section of NAXJA. BC, Scrappy, and Phil, Thank you for putting up with threads like this, and people like me! Now if you are in the Sierra Chapter area this is your board too, it is only as good as you make it.

I think the Sierra fest this year will be great, everyone should try to make it out, I am inviting everyone I know for that weekend, and I am still trying to get the week off.

rightseatsis said:
For me I don't always have weekends off, and I am not sure how many people here have weekdays off. That makes it hard to make plans.

I'd say this is one of my biggest challenges. I now have Wed,Thur off
and feel like I need to do a couple things to be as ready as I can be:repair::banghead:

the s.c. chapter rocks! i have a new sc chapter sticker on my rig to prove it and i also ordered a shirt that will let everyone in the whole entire world know that we are the best! come on this is cali, we rock harder than any of those podunk states and their ghey chapters. don't be down on the s.c. or the s.c. might get down on you!!! i'm a tard too :)

Damn guys around here are always, having kids, buying a new house, remodeling, pouring a new driveway, junk is broke down, No money, Finals this week, :moon: :roflmao:

Me......I'm just building a fast car
gears.gif

crazy4mopar said:
Damn guys around here are always, having kids, buying a new house, remodeling, pouring a new driveway, junk is broke down, No money, Finals this week, :moon: :roflmao:

Me......I'm just building a fast car
gears.gif

Lets see, the "done" list:

Bought new house
Had a kid
Broke my junk
Ran out of money

To do list:
Pour new driveway
Add room to house
Fix junk
Have another kid
Make some money

Damn Lee, you nailed it!

selarep said:

Need more people to rip off or something?

Back