• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your jeep! Thread

looks good john

here it is after some work
Still have some more to do before Rocktoberfest
CIMG2623.jpg

What year is yours? Mine is an auto. After I went through the water there was a bit of a shrill noise coming from my engine bay then it stopped. About an hour of driving it on the road later, it dies. I had my girl jump mine today and it started. but when I removed the one connector for the jumper my engine would bog out and just about die. Then it would run strong again if I reconected it. So It has to be my alternator. I'm going to go to the junkyard tomorrow and hopefully get it.

A new alternator may solve another mystery problem I been having. If I park my jeep somewhere (this happens kind of rarely.) and turn the engine back on and start going on the main road. It almost feels like it bogs for a second (no power to the pedal) then it is fine. This felt the same after the AAA guy jumped me and I tried driving down the street but the jeep was idling really low and just about bogging out.

How do you jeepers go through water and not worry about your alternator?

Back