• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling XJ in San Diego

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, Inline 6 engine, 74,000 miles, Loaded with Cruse Control, Cold AC, Power Windows EVERYTHING works perfect. K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit, Level II Jet Chip, well manintained engine, Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex Lift Kit and Superflex Track Bar, Quick Disconnects, WARN 8000 Winch, 4 Real Steel Front and Rear high clearance bumpers, Roof Rack, Full size spare w/ matching rim, Automatic 4x4, NP231 Transfer Case, Slip Yolk Eliminator and CV Drive shaft, Crysler 8.25" Real Axel With Detroit Truetrac limited slip locker and Dana 30 up front with an EZ Locker. Bilstein 5150 shocks, 32" BFT M/T's, Body in GREAT condition and VERY clean inside, CD Player, serious inquiries only please.

This picture is about 4 months old. Since this picture the springs have been changed out to Rubicon Express 4.5" ZJ's, the shocks have been changed to Bilstein 5150's and the track bar has been changed to a Rubicon Express Superflex w/ required bracket in place and a spare has been straped to the roof rack.
JeepSale.jpg

Last edited:
didnt say how much...

how much?
ken

Private Party Value:

$7,945

report_privateparty.gif

California • August 9, 2005
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport Utility 4D

Equipment [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Air Conditioning[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Power Steering[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Power Windows[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Power Door Locks[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Tilt Wheel[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cruise Control[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]AM/FM Stereo[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cassette[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Dual Front Air Bags[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Roof Rack[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Alloy Wheels[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ovrsize Off-Rd Tires[/font]

[/font]Consumer Rated Condition:Good [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history , the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.[/font]

:laugh3:

fdsa487 said:
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, Inline 6 engine, 74,000 miles, Loaded with Cruse Control, Cold AC, Power Windows EVERYTHING works perfect. K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit, Level II Jet Chip, well manintained engine, Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex Lift Kit and Superflex Track Bar, Quick Disconnects, WARN 8000 Winch, 4 Real Steel Front and Rear high clearance bumpers, Roof Rack, Full size spare w/ matching rim, Automatic 4x4, NP231 Transfer Case, Slip Yolk Eliminator and CV Drive shaft, Crysler 8.25" Real Axel With Detroit Truetrac limited slip locker and Dana 30 up front with an EZ Locker. Bilstein 5150 shocks, 32" BFT M/T's, Body in GREAT condition and VERY clean inside, CD Player, serious inquiries only please.

This picture is about 4 months old. Since this picture the springs have been changed out to Rubicon Express 4.5" ZJ's, the shocks have been changed to Bilstein 5150's and the track bar has been changed to a Rubicon Express Superflex w/ required bracket in place and a spare has been straped to the roof rack.
JeepSale.jpg

What's automatic 4x4 ?

At least wait until after the SoCalXJ Fiesta Island get together August 27th.

We can thrash it in the sand and then make fun of you.
Good times!

cracker said:

Private Party Value:

$7,945

report_privateparty.gif

California • August 9, 2005
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport Utility 4D

Equipment [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Air Conditioning[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Tilt Wheel[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cruise Control[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Dual Front Air Bags[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Roof Rack[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Alloy Wheels[/font]

[/font]Consumer Rated Condition:Good [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history , the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.[/font]

:laugh3:

Thats funny i come up w/ this $9,270 and I dont feel like adding up all the costs of the bumpers, lockers, modified drive shafts, roof rack, engine mods, blah blah .... Whatever its all good... im in no hurry
Its not in good condidition it is in excellent condition.

report_privateparty.gif

California • August 10, 2005
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4D [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

Engine:[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] 6-Cyl. 4.0 Liter

Trans:[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] Automatic[/font]
Drive:[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] 4WD[/font]
Mileage:[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] 70,000[/font]

[/font]
[/font]Search Listings for This Car
clear.gif

List Your Car For Sale Online
clear.gif

Quick New Car Price Quote
clear.gif

Free CARFAX Record Check
clear.gif

Auto Loans fromdocument.write( capOne3year ); 4.99% APR
clear.gif

Insurance Quote
clear.gif

Print "For Sale" Sign
clear.gif

Payment Calculator
clear.gif

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Tilt Wheel[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cruise Control[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Single Compact Disc[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Dual Front Air Bags[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Roof Rack[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Privacy Glass[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Winch[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Towing Pkg[/font]

[/font]Consumer Rated Condition:Excellent [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

[/font]Private Party Value[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Search Local Listings | List This Car for Sale[/font] $9,270 [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.[/font]

fdsa487 said:
Thats funny i come up w/ this $9,270 and I dont feel like adding up all the costs of the bumpers, lockers, modified drive shafts, roof rack, engine mods, blah blah .... Whatever its all good... im in no hurry
Its not in good condidition it is in excellent condition.

$9,270? You must have the AUTOMATIC 4x4 on it. I hear that is rare.

fdsa487 said:
Or i must have forgot the comma between the two words, **** ****.

What's with the name calling? :wierd:

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Cracker's Blue Book pricing over yours.

I would not rate that vehicle (even if it were mine) as excellent because the body has been modified (fender trimming) from what I see in the photograph above. Also, of course, if there are any trail scratches (even extremely minor pin-striping) the vehicle rating is no longer excellent. Keep in mind that KBB's idea of excellent is is like new condition.

Also, when calculating pricing don't go thinking you will get the full amount invested in the vehicle back. You will never get the full sum of your aftermarket parts out of the sale of a vehicle.

Lifted XJ's do not sell as well as lifted TJ's. Most of the lifted XJ's I've seen sale went for roughly the same price or less than a good condition unlifted XJ. The reason behind this is the market that lifted XJ's fall in. TJ's have a lot of uneducated people who are buying them for looks, not as many people with XJ's are into the just looks factor and know something about them. Not many people like buying headaches, and a modified vehicle is always a potential headache.

After you get your pricing figured out I suggest you create a post in the For Sale forum.

Sequoia

One thing people often forget...a modified car / truck is never worth anything close to what is invested. Usually they go for only slightly over what a non modified is worth....if that.

The problem with it is that you have a VERY small market for your jeep. If you really wanted to sell it I have two suggestions,

#1 park it out front of your local highschool, starbucks, mall parking lot (any place where 16-18yr old kids my see it) with a for sale sign on it, Kids are often dumb and can sometimes talk their parents into anything.

#2 find someone who just lifted their jeep from stock, return yours to stock, sell the parts you took off.

Those are the only two ways you stand to sell that thing for much over bluebook, and BTW, it is NOT in excellent condition by any means. Hell, my 04 GTO is also not in excellent condition so dont feel so bad. I'd also lower your asking price to 11-10k and expect to get about 8-9 for it if you are lucky.

sintax said:
One thing people often forget...a modified car / truck is never worth anything close to what is invested. Usually they go for only slightly over what a non modified is worth....if that.

The problem with it is that you have a VERY small market for your jeep. If you really wanted to sell it I have two suggestions,

#1 park it out front of your local highschool, starbucks, mall parking lot (any place where 16-18yr old kids my see it) with a for sale sign on it, Kids are often dumb and can sometimes talk their parents into anything.

#2 find someone who just lifted their jeep from stock, return yours to stock, sell the parts you took off.

Those are the only two ways you stand to sell that thing for much over bluebook, and BTW, it is NOT in excellent condition by any means. Hell, my 04 GTO is also not in excellent condition so dont feel so bad. I'd also lower your asking price to 11-10k and expect to get about 8-9 for it if you are lucky.

An 18 yo w/ a Jeep like this would roll it for sure. LOL...

I'll give you $7,500 for it....

Back