• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling or Parting out my 96 XJ

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not going anywhere, but if I can get what I want out of my rig, I will be changing to a K5 Blazer or M1009 CUCV (military Blazer) as it would fit my needs for utility and wheeling better than my XJ.

XJ is a 96, 4.0, AW4, NP231 HPD30, XJ D44, 4door sport.

Parts list:
D30 w/Yukon alloys, 4.88 gears, and RuffStuff HD coil pads ready to be burned on.
D44 w/AlloyUSA alloys dual drilled 5x4.5 and 5x5.5, 4.88s, Detroit Softlocker, ZJ discs, raised shock mounts, extended leaf pads.

I'd like to sell the axles as a pair, $1500

Iron Rock Offroad 1/2" OTK steering, completely bolt on, maybe a couple thousand miles.
Iron Rock Offroad double shear trackbar.

Buy these together for a complete upgrade that even puts the trackbar at the right angle with your new drag link, $450

Rock Krawler 3 link long arms, no complaints. $500

AGR Super Box 2, 1000 miles on it, maybe. $400

RE H&T SYE installed on 231 case $200

Double cardan rear driveshaft $200

Stock front drive shaft, $20

Stock 4.0, 169k miles, $200

Stock AW4, 169k miles $200

5 Cragar Black Soft 8s, less than a year old, 15x8, about 4" backspacing, $300 These ones

4 Bilstein 7100s, 360/80 valving front, 255/70 rear. 12" short bodies front, 10" short bodies rear $400

Deaver 5.5" coils up front $100

Full body and interior available as well, make offers

5 GY MTR/Kevlars 33x12.5 - These, I'd like to keep and put on the Blazer, but if I get the right offer, they could go as well. But it'd have to be a really good offer, or thigns would have to line up perfect on the Blazer end of the deal...

Like I said, this is a feeler. I don't want to get rid of the Jeep, but it would be more practical for me to get one rig that can wheel and haul, and one vehicle to drive daily with decent mpg. As such, it is something of an all or nothing deal. I have a number in my head, and if I can get commitments totaling that number, I'll part it. Currently, the XJ combined with the 9 mpg Ford beast isn't cutting it...BTW, the Ford is also for sale:

73 F250 Camper Special Ranger XLT, 390, C6, 2wd. It has a 600cfm Edelbrock carb and Performer intake manifold. Fixed the backfiring issue with a new distributor cap and rotor, and a new coil. Needs new pump seal on tranny. Should be easy fix, once the tranny is pulled...will be getting new exhaust before much longer...involuntary straight piping sucks with a big block...:D

Looking for $3000 out of the Ford - new carb and intake manifold, new windshield, full tune up, just needs seal on tranny.

85 Nissan pickup as well, needs tranny and mysterious wiring issue traced as well...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FEELER: Parting out my rig

Tires have probably 5 or 6k on them, but they may not be worht selling for me since I'm pretty sure the Blazers run a 15" wheel also.

I'm also VERY interested in the tires. I plan to run 33" Kevlars as soon as I get my bumpers on. Shoot me a PM for what a "really good offer" means to you.

I'd be interested in the AGR Box.

x2, how many miles on the shocks?

I could use the front 7100s too if nobody else takes them.

i'd be interested in the front deavers and the 12" short bodies if you'd separate

I will also be interested in the coils and all the shocks.

damm you! i could use those 7100's How good a shape are they in?
I'd like to sell the shocks all together just for ease. Purchase would be first come first served.
Interested in the rear axle, what kinda ball park are you looking for?
For just the rear, I'd say $1000, same as I paid. It also has a RuffStuff HD cover added since I bought it.
I'd be interested in the AGR Box.
Good tight box, feels a lot better than stock. Julio, get your mind out of the gutter! :D
Interested in stock front shaft. Possibly the other one too.

Exactly 6 hrs after posting, I'm over halfway to the number I'm hoping for. I'm both excited and sad. I love my Jeep, but I think it may be time to consolidate.

3 link plus the 7100s, Deaver coils, and Prothane inserts adds up to a great riding rig. Took Bo for a quick drive after putting in the AGR box and he said it was one of the best riding XJs he's ever been in.

I'd like to sell the shocks all together just for ease. Purchase would be first come first served.

For just the rear, I'd say $1000, same as I paid. It also has a RuffStuff HD cover added since I bought it.

Good tight box, feels a lot better than stock. Julio, get your mind out of the gutter! :D

Exactly 6 hrs after posting, I'm over halfway to the number I'm hoping for. I'm both excited and sad. I love my Jeep, but I think it may be time to consolidate.

3 link plus the 7100s, Deaver coils, and Prothane inserts adds up to a great riding rig. Took Bo for a quick drive after putting in the AGR box and he said it was one of the best riding XJs he's ever been in.
Shocks are about 2 yrs old I think, the XJ sees limited mileage, driven to work 16 miles a day for a short time, now that I'm an unemployed college student, it's only seen 16 miles 10 times a month for class plus occasional side trips and the rare wheeling trip.

Forgot a few things yesterday:

Wildman rear bumper, tubed prerunner style, I'll get pics soon, $300

JCR gas tank skid, never installed, $150

DPG t-case skid (I'll have to refind it in my garage), $75

Justin, I Really only need 2 out your 4. just need to measure to see if i need the 12's or the 10's. Most likey will need the 10's though. Ill let you know by today.

Back