• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC CraigsList Thread

There is some kinda fever going around the midstate. People think stock XJs are worth 5+.
I even see some high mileage one with issues and people are asking 3k for them.

Been like that for a couple of years. I dropped what I know is WAY more than what it's worth on mine when I bought it because after 6 months of looking, I was tired of looking at CL ads that went something like this:

99 Cherokee
218,000 miles
4x4
Engine knocks, AC hasn't worked in 2 years, and 3 of 4 tires are rotted out.
$4500 firm.

So I chased down a guy in traffic and bought one that I knew was reliable because I'd see him 3-4 times a week on the road.

Last edited:
So I chased down a guy in traffic and bought one that I knew was reliable because I'd see him 3-4 times a week on the road.

Are you driving a black one all blacked out, maybe on 17" JK rims, I think a roof basket, and maybe an OEM front skid? You are just 3 or 4 miles from me and I know I've seen one like that in the area. In fact, if it is the one I was thinking on, I may have sold the PO the front skid.

Very true.. My gf has a zj and its the same.. Steering wheel tearing, armrest cracked.. She luckily has cloth seats in great shape and full power. We drove it the 3,000 miles and it has 231k. Didn't skip a beat!

I have a 96 with 250,000 on it and, except the carpet being dirty and the headliner falling down its spotless.

Back