• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scored at the pick n pull

jpdocdave

NAXJA Forum User
i scored at the pick n pull today, they have a half price sale this weekend, everything half off. i got there first thing, after browsing a couple rows i see an mj, so i check it out. 91 2 wd 330k :eek: dana 44 rear hanging out of it only held on by the d shaft bolts :banana: . i cut the brake hose, removed 4 d shaft bolts and yoink...score :banana: :thumbsup: i won't even mention how cheap i got it.

i also picked up an xj front d shaft for 20 bux, xj/mj front skid plate that i won't say how much cuz i might sell it. rear lift gate struts from an xj that work great, grey cluster bezel just cuz it looked good, anyone want it? and fog light and trans switches as well.

i got two rear view mirrors from gm suv's, they have the map lights in them, i wanted one with a compass to but the whole yard didn't have a single one. i got two cuz one mirror is two wires, i wire power and ground and the lights will work by they switch in the mirror, the other is 4 wire, and i want it to turn the lights on by the door pin switch, and/or when i turn them on at the mirror. if anyone is interested i'll do a write up if i can make the 4 wire work. (for my mj)
without further adu:
:banana:
DSCN1777.jpg

DSCN1778.jpg

DSCN1781.jpg

tail lights went straight to ebay, pulled them to make some money back, but if anyone wants them:
Jeep Comanche Tail lights MJ Rear Lights:eBay Motors (item 130329245971 end time Sep-12-09 13:48:07 PDT)

How did you 'score' if you won't say how much you paid for the 44? Does that mean you really didn't score but are saying you did?

Those skids are boat anchors. I use to give those things away. Where did you copy this post from, your smileys aren't NAXJA coded...........:D

i'll be sure to post my opinion in one of your threads for something you may be selling but i'm totally not interested in to, thanks.:moon::spin1:

i'll be sure to post my opinion in one of your threads for something you may be selling but i'm totally not interested in to, thanks.:moon::spin1:
How dare he share his opinion with us!!!

Last edited:
so you are chiding him for giving his opinion in a place where you do not think it is appropriate, on an item that you are trying to sell in an area that is completely inappropriate?

so you are chiding him for giving his opinion in a place where you do not think it is appropriate, on an item that you are trying to sell in an area that is completely inappropriate?

first no one is "chiding" anyone

second this item is not listed as for sale, so this should not be a classified thread. so you are inappropriate by saying i'm trying to sell it.

third that comment was not on topic, no one was posting a question on how the skid works, or the topic had nothing to do with the skid. so why would someone pipe up on a thread just to say I (the poster and owner of the skid) should just give it away cuz they think so, (paraphrase, and sarcasm) if i saw an item for sale that i'm not particularly interested in, i'm not gonna go post on that thread saying don't buy it.

its different when someone posts a question like "what do you think of the tb spacer?" that was no where near the direction of this thread.

i guess on a forum like this i should expect people that act like this, but its still disappointing, the worst part is myself, and the original commenter have no beef, we both saw eachother's sarcasm and let it slide, others have to pipe in to try to push me around, what a joke.

every forum has its know it alls, just remember this, i've been around for a while, i will turn wrenches around most people around here, and have more knowledge than most. i enjoy helping other people, its a shame there's always these type of people on every forum.

every forum has its know it alls, just remember this, i've been around for a while, i will turn wrenches around most people around here, and have more knowledge than most. i enjoy helping other people, its a shame there's always these type of people on every forum.

lol internet tall tales

N-n-n-n-n-n-nominated

so you read sarcasm on everyone else's posts, but not mine? Fun, most people don't go out of their way looking for opposition, but I guess if anyone annoys you too much you can just turn a wrench around them right?

You have open offers to sell on at least 3 of the items you picked up at the junk yard. One person took you up on it. Then we got into this situation. You may not have listed a price, but you sure managed to convey that for a price you were willing to unload it...

first no one is "chiding" anyone
I dunno...sounds like an attempted chiding...
second this item is not listed as for sale, so this should not be a classified thread. so you are inappropriate by saying i'm trying to sell it.
xj/mj front skid plate that i won't say how much cuz i might sell it.
Not trying to sell it? Then explain what this quote means. And why you would not want to say the price, unless you plan on trying to sell it for an other than fair price. No matter what you paid, people around here are willing to pay a fair price for the part plus your labor pulling it.
third that comment was not on topic, no one was posting a question on how the skid works, or the topic had nothing to do with the skid. so why would someone pipe up on a thread just to say I (the poster and owner of the skid) should just give it away cuz they think so, (paraphrase, and sarcasm) if i saw an item for sale that i'm not particularly interested in, i'm not gonna go post on that thread saying don't buy it.

its different when someone posts a question like "what do you think of the tb spacer?" that was no where near the direction of this thread.

i guess on a forum like this i should expect people that act like this, but its still disappointing, the worst part is myself, and the original commenter have no beef, we both saw eachother's sarcasm and let it slide, others have to pipe in to try to push me around, what a joke.

You posted about something, in the non-tech/off-topic forum. Someone else volunteered an opinion. That's how forums work. He didn't tell you to give it away, he stated he used to because he doesn't like them. You claim to have been around a while, but most of these guys, particularly the ones with names in red, have been around for quite some time as well. You're a guest in our forum, would you walk into someone's house and tell them to screw off?
lol internet tall tales

N-n-n-n-n-n-nominated
Seconded

Back