• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scale XJ offroader

The nylite is impressive for a mass produced RC available at toy stores. But it's not purpose built crawler or nitro...

rockwerks said:
who gives a rats hiney about nitro.......it sucks
Only when it doesn't work... but when you've got lots of space outdoors and room to open em up a bit, its a blast.

Works good on the campfire, too.

98XJSport said:
Only when it doesn't work... but when you've got lots of space outdoors and room to open em up a bit, its a blast.

nitro is noisy, obnoxious and slower than electrics today.....its sooooo yesterday

It's been great of the monster trucks we run, but thats not about speed ,or gearing, more about brute strength when you do something stupid. And we usually run in sand pits, so noisy is nothing to the dirt bikes, etc. But it's mostly about the runtime, I can't recharge where I usually run. But I can refuel. At only $20+ a gallon :D

98XJSport said:
It's been great of the monster trucks we run, but thats not about speed ,or gearing, more about brute strength when you do something stupid. And we usually run in sand pits, so noisy is nothing to the dirt bikes, etc. But it's mostly about the runtime, I can't recharge where I usually run. But I can refuel. At only $20+ a gallon :D

run time is never an issue either these days.my crawler runs for 45 minutes a charge good batteries and ( more than one set) I can run till IM sick of it. oh and recharge via my car battery in 15 minutes so with 2 packs I can run indefinately.........

rockwerks said:
run time is never an issue either these days.my crawler runs for 45 minutes a charge good batteries and ( more than one set) I can run till IM sick of it. oh and recharge via my car battery in 15 minutes so with 2 packs I can run indefinately.........

Thats the thing, though. I completely agree that for crawling electrics have far more advantages than nitro. But jumping sandpits isn't crawling.

I wonder if that guy could be convinced to just sell the body... probably only costs a grand...

Rockwerks knows whats up if I'm thinking your the right guy. I used to go to rccrawler all the time. I kinda got out of the whole thing once I got a jeep though.

I figure I'll throw in one of my old pics.

april.jpg

rockwerks said:
nitro is noisy, obnoxious and slower than electrics today.....its sooooo yesterday
I dunno. Electric is cool for rockcrawling but I like the mechanics of a nitro car.

If I was made of unlimited funds I would have an electric rock crawler or two and a nitro go fast car.

Noisy is cool BTW.

many places it is now illegal to run nitro, it will get tighter also. I like bringing my scale rigs with me on trial runs and play with them while others are on the obstalces

I had an electric truck, brushless, and high end batteries that would smoke the nitros on the track and and out perform them in the dunes and about the same run times about 15 to 20 minutes per charge

Last edited:
98XJSport said:

I'll take my electrics anyday.......

Anybody ever hit themselves mid flight with their trucks?:doh:

Back