• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SBNF, Quarterly Forest Adopt-a-Trail meeting, January 16th

When you have more details keep me in the loop. Now that I'm mostly out of a constant build cycle and into more of a wheeling and camping phase, I wouldn't have a problem running up to our trail every 6 weeks or so and giving it a once over - I'm already up there hiking as it is. I've run our trail twice, but both times I was out with Geoff and hadnt seeked it out on my own.

karstic said:
One of the main bureacratic concerns of the AAT program is having a rooster of people that is working on the project for insurance purposes. Basically if you are working on an AAT project you have to have some personal information on file. That way in case of an injury you can be covered, in part by FS insurance. I have to speak with Greg Hoffman to get the details on that regard.
Ed Stevens was on the SBNFA Advisory Council and SBNFA Leadership Team with me and between he and I we should be able to answer many of your questions.

Anyone who volunteers on the forest must have a signed volunteer agreement. While volunteering for the USFS you are for all intents and purposes an employee of the USFS. Anyone on the NAXJA roster turned in with the NAXJA volunteer agreement will be covered by the agreement. Should you be injured on an authorized Adopt-A-Trail project the USFS will cover whatever your personal insurance does not cover.

karstic said:
The AAT program is organizing a large Earth Day event for April 19. The work area would be on trails like Holcomb Creek, 3N17, 2N06X, Dishpan Springs, etc. in the burn areas of the Butler I, Butler II, Slide and Green Valley fires. This would be work towards reopening these trails.
There are a few of these large type project days on the SBNF every year. Another one would be PLAD - Public Lands Appreciation Day. Another would be KOPL - Kids on Public Lands. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in the SBNF.

There are also a few multilple club workdays every year as well. Victor Valley 4 Wheelers will many times ask for assistance on 2N17X. These are listed on the AAT Yahoo group.

The Hummer Club (Psychos Squad) if given enough notice loves to come out and winch old vehicles out of the forest and move large rocks off of hills threatning to block trails.

Can anyone join the Yahoo group?

Is it this one? SBNF_AAT

I looked on this page: http://www.sbnfa.org/ohvadopt.php

Nothing about NAXJA and out trail. We NEED to be more involved and get another trail or two.....

Last edited:
rpraterxj said:
Can anyone join the Yahoo group?

Is it this one? SBNF_AAT

I looked on this page: http://www.sbnfa.org/ohvadopt.php

Nothing about NAXJA and out trail. We NEED to be more involved and get another trail or two.....

Robert you've got a PM.

I asked about our listing on the AAT webpage last night. I'm trying to track down the webmaster to get it updated.

rpraterxj said:
We NEED to be more involved and get another trail or two.....

I'm glad to see some enthusiasm toward this but let's not put the cart before the horse.
Let's see what kind of participation we get in April and May on projects that are already on the books.

karstic said:
I'm glad to see some enthusiasm toward this but let's not put the cart before the horse.
Let's see what kind of participation we get in April and May on projects that are already on the books.

Of course! I would like to think that our group has the integrity and desire to step it up, including our planned May trail day as well as helping out with the other items mentioned.

karstic said:
I'm trying to track down the webmaster to get it updated.
There are 2 different SBNFA websites and 5 different SBNFA OHV Yahoo groups. It is all a bit of a mess. (has been for a while) and they have never been very good at updating any of the sites.

Tracy Lenocker maintained the original SBNFA website for many years. I do not know if he is still involved. Try [email protected] His company can be found on the web at http://66.92.57.42/about_us.htm

A volunteer named Judy started up a SBNFA OHV website last year. [email protected]

Either Greg or Dale should be able to help you as well (might take more time with them) Dale Johnson <[email protected]> (909) 382-2600 X4011 Greg Hoffman <[email protected]> (909) 382-2811

Or if you really want to bug someone about the managing of the websites contact the Executive Director of the SBNFA. Sarah Miggins [email protected] (909) 382-2796

Back