• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

saran wrap gone wrong....pics

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
so my buddy in TJ and i hit up saran wrap(i think?)
and had a blast til my stock steering...well....youll see.....

going up tomorrow to replace it....

1102081336.jpg

1102081508.jpg

0106800018.jpg

1102081513.jpg

1102081525.jpg

1102081525a.jpg

so if anyone has any great sites or suggestions for beefed up steering let me know....this stock crap isnt gonna cut it anymore:banghead:

so my buddy in TJ and i hit up saran wrap(i think?)
and had a blast til my stock steering...well....youll see.....

going up tomorrow to replace it....

1102081336.jpg

1102081508.jpg

0106800018.jpg

1102081513.jpg

1102081525.jpg

1102081525a.jpg

so if anyone has any great sites or suggestions for beefed up steering let me know....this stock crap isnt gonna cut it anymore:banghead:
looks like a big ol spaghetti noodle!

I'm running a steering conversion kit from Rusty's and it's much stronger and also eliminates the Y-link style steering with a full length tie rod and new draglink. Not too pricey but much stronger.

Dang dude, that sucks a big one. Did you leave up there till tomorrow? Wish I could go up. I have Tuesday off if you need help with something

I run a Teraflex high steer knuckle with a seperate tie rod and drag link (all d.o.m.), chromoly heim joints. Expensive but uber reliable. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

Orange paint weakens tie rods.

That is all.

:D

NEVER post the location of a rig that you've left on the trail...NEVER! Hope it's still in the same condition you left it in.
ya i thouhgt about that too....
luckily my heep is a HEEP and it wont move any time soon...and if you try and jack it up to take off rims/tires///your gonna have a jeep repeatedly falling on you...its in a crappy spot...

ya i thouhgt about that too....
luckily my heep is a HEEP and it wont move any time soon...and if you try and jack it up to take off rims/tires///your gonna have a jeep repeatedly falling on you...its in a crappy spot...

DO NOT be fooled by the power of the DARKSIDE!

Had a friend with a tricked out Toy (ugly has hell, but good parts) broke his power steering box while on an obstacle on INDEPENDENCE, came back the next day less than 24hours later and he had no tires/wheels, axles, doubled transfer case, seats, battery. Surprised they didn't take the motor.........

FrankZ has a lot of wisdom :D

...and yes orange has a chemical in it that burns the eyes and weakens metal...........

DO NOT be fooled by the power of the DARKSIDE!

Had a friend with a tricked out Toy (ugly has hell, but good parts) broke his power steering box while on an obstacle on INDEPENDENCE, came back the next day less than 24hours later and he had no tires/wheels, axles, doubled transfer case, seats, battery. Surprised they didn't take the motor.........

FrankZ has a lot of wisdom :D

...and yes orange has a chemical in it that burns the eyes and weakens metal...........
damn thats shitty...well im on my way back upa lready...had to get new tie rod from A-1....so lets hope she is still there...complete....if not....thats what i get i guess....

yeah, and instead you are stuck with the dead spot of an inverted-T steering system. I'll take a beefy inverted-y setup anyday

I've never noticed a dead spot that you refer to? All I've noticed is a system that works better than the stock weak steering and an easy high mount system that hasn't failed me like the stock system has. Easily shown in the above pics.

NEVER post the location of a rig that you've left on the trail...NEVER! Hope it's still in the same condition you left it in.

Not only do you have to worry about theft, but also somebody using your rig as target practice for rocks and bullets.

Texted him and he said he got it back to his house a couple hours ago.

Back