• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle Up trail work

Jeez, and TWO full days of that work would outright kill some of us.... that stuff aint easy man!

Two dates have been thrown around recently for the next Saddle-Up Work Party.... June 29th and July 6th.....
I have prior engagements both of these dates, so it is with great regret I'm announcing for the first time in this project, I wont be able to be a part of it.
As long as we have one of the members who has been a part of the design, or a member of ODF up there to give direction..... there is nothing preventing anyone from heading up there and start clearing brush and blow down and clearing the center-line for the machinery to come in and do the hard work.
We're about two to three work parties with the one mini excavator away from being able to get tires on the dirt for some compaction runs.....
I know Aaron and others are anxious to get up there again, and frankly so am I, unfortunately timing right now isn't on my side.
Aside from that I thought it would be a good idea to keep the discussion and planning going on this, so that people can organize meet-ups and put together the next crew.
I'll see you guys for the next one!

Last edited:
I sent Jahmaal Rebb an email yesterday to check for his availability on the 6th of July. I hope to hear from him soon. As soon as I do I'll let you all know.

REBB Jahmaal
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Aaron, I have other obligations on the 6th but can help on the 7th. We are having some issues with the mini ex that I hope get fixed next week. I will know more once the parts arrive.

Perhaps the 13th would be a better date for the work party?
since the ODF mini X is having issues a later date would allow for this to be resolved.
What do you guys think?

the area will be really crowded on the 13th for the rock crawl event in the crushers and i may be wrong but i think jahmaal need to be present at that event. we will already be up there for the weekend can we do it on the 14th?

well, Lets just plan it for the 7th. I was trying to keep it on Saturdays but if we have to do sunday we may as well do the 7th. I'll see what Jahmaal says when they get the parts for the mini X in and I chat with him.

If this ends up happening on the 7th I MIGHT be able to make it (albeit a bit late....but still)
And I'm completely open for the 13th.
Is there any reason we cant do both?

According to his email, he IS available both weekends.....
AND there's a lot of work we can do up there WITHOUT the mini.....

I have not received a confirmation email from Jahmaal that he will be there on the 7th. Since he doesn't want any work going on unless he is there and we need him and ODF's mini X to do 85% of the work, We may have to cancel this sundays work party if I don't hear back from him by Fri evening.

Check in here often for the latest updates and status

Some light work as far as clearing brush/old blow down, etc. can still go on.... he just doesn't want us up there breaking ground without him....(at first)
So may not be able to put in a 10 hour day like we did ;ast time, but there's definitely more than a few hours of work that could be put it otherwise.

Back