• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle Up trail work

Re: Re: Saddle Up trail work

What's the plan for this weekend yo?

Plan is to meet at saddle up at 8am.

People will need to bring shovels, gloves, and chainsaws. Jahmaal will be meeting us at site with the ODF mini X. There will be a lot of debris removal and other such activities. Make sure to pack a lunch and bring water as there will be a lot of hiking.

Anyone plannin on grabbin some breffus on the way up?
I'm thinkin of an AM Meet-up.
McDonalds in N. Plains say about 7am?

I will get my excavator lined up. I will see if its available on the first. Let me know if anything changes. My machine that I will bring is a 12k lb machine. Its a tb250 if it matters. I will confirm tomorrow.

Well it appears that I over booked myself for this weekend. I will have to do it another weekend. Sorry guys! I can make money or work for free. As of now I´m broke due to an expensive weekend last week. So I currently need the money. Good luck and Jamaal´s machine should get a lot done.

Well it appears that I over booked myself for this weekend. I will have to do it another weekend. Sorry guys! I can make money or work for free. As of now I´m broke due to an expensive weekend last week. So I currently need the money. Good luck and Jamaal´s machine should get a lot done.

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I can't make it this week either, but I am having dinner with my friend that owns a construction company tonight to see about getting some equipment. He rides quads up there also, so I'm hoping it won't take much to get some bigger machinery up there. I will keep you guys posted...

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I can't make it this week either, but I am having dinner with my friend that owns a construction company tonight to see about getting some equipment. He rides quads up there also, so I'm hoping it won't take much to get some bigger machinery up there. I will keep you guys posted...

That's great. Thank you.

Well unfortunately he no longer has any mini-excavators the smallest one he has is 30,000 lbs. I'm still willing to throw down the money to rent one if we need it. But we need to make sure there are enough people there and file to keep it running every minute that the sun is up. Just to make sure we get our money's worth. I.E. camping close to the trail on a Friday night, start running the machine at zero-dark thirty till we can't do it again and then as long as we can in a Sunday. Any thoughts on that idea?

I like the idea, and the offer is more than generous.
I think after this initial work party, we'll see what sort of work is going to be left, and how much of that is going to require use of an excavator. If a member is going to come out of pocket for the rental of heavy equipment, I definitely want to make sure we can get the most out of it, and have the fuel on hand to keep it going.
Thanks again man, after this weekend, we should know more.

I like the idea, and the offer is more than generous.
I think after this initial work party, we'll see what sort of work is going to be left, and how much of that is going to require use of an excavator. If a member is going to come out of pocket for the rental of heavy equipment, I definitely want to make sure we can get the most out of it, and have the fuel on hand to keep it going.
Thanks again man, after this weekend, we should know more.

And after nwfest we should have the funds for stuff like that.

No work today, so ima come hang out with you guys instead, planning on being at the McDonald's in north plains at 7am, since I have never been to tsf, never mind the trail itself.

Ima probably rent a chainsaw at Home Depot, as a typical southern Californian, I do not own one.

310-242-0289

No work today, so ima come hang out with you guys instead, planning on being at the McDonald's in north plains at 7am, since I have never been to tsf, never mind the trail itself.

Ima probably rent a chainsaw at Home Depot, as a typical southern Californian, I do not own one.

310-242-0289

Awesome, its always nice to meet new people.

Enroute!
ra8u3aru.jpg

Well it was a very successful day today. We got A LOT accomplished. I wanna thank josh, torx, xcm and Shawn for making it out and putting in work.

I am just way to tired for a full report. I'll let josh and torx (the great nwc trip reporters) take the lead on that one.

I'm stoked by the progress we were able to make yesterday. It's amazing to see dirt actually being turned, and a brand new trail being constructed right in front of you. I got a bunch of pictures of the work we completed yesterday I'll try and toss up later.

Thanks to everyone who made it out, I'm already looking forward to the next work party.

Trip report is up guys, thanks again for all the hard work, my back is killing me, and i'm frickin burnt to a crisp.
....I guess I shoulda pulled out the sun block a few hours sooner!
I cant wait till we are to the point of getting our rigs on the trail to start compacting this in and really making this trail come to life!

Back