• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's or Rough Country?

I've run the Rusty's Control Arms for a year and a half and no complaints. I have a Rusty's 4.5 lift and have no complaints either. Rides great!

I just bought a RC 4.5 kit for the MJ i am building....compared to previous kits i have seen, the quality and appearance are improved....it was well packaged and more complete than i expected....the parts are suitably beefy for my intended use....it's a short arm kit so it WILL ride harsh on the highway....but the on road ride isn't a problem in my case....a nice fluffy set of 12.5/33 TSLs will take care of those pesky road slab expansion joints while i'm on the way to the mudhole...and once i bounce it thru a few ruts and holes, those front springs will break in. Now where did i put my SawZall??

GRIMUS99XJ said:
I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT IS INCORRECT ABOUT THE SPRINGS THEY ARE NOT BOUGHT FROM THE SAME PLACE
No need to shout bro. You think what you want to and I'll go on believing the truth.

Zoro said:
Actually RE and Rusty's get their springs from the same place.

I can tell you that this is incorrect. I spent several days wheeling with someone in a fairly high position at Rubicon Express, and one thing we talked about extensivly was RE springs (I bent an RE leaf while on that run). Rubicon Express gets their springs made by the lowest bidder from one of many possible vendors when its time to make a new order, from a set of specifications they have in house.

If they aren't even using the same company from month to month, how can they be using the exact same manufacturer as Rusty's? Does he call them every couple of days and ask where to order from next? Maybe trying to keep up with that is why he keeps forgetting to ship complete kits for finish welding parts together. ;)

Back