• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Run to Pismo dunes

how about no registration?

Mary (rightseatsis) found a flag and mast asm for ~$10 in San Mateo. If you get a definite "need to have one" PM her and maybe she can pick up a few more.

Tom

Oceanu dunes SVRA said:
EQUIPMENT
All vehicles operating in the SVRA (beach and dune area south of Post 2), must be equipped with the following:

An adequate muffler. (Required for vehicle operation in any area.)

An 8' whip with an orange or red flag with a minimum size of 6" x 12".

Except for two-, three-, and four-wheeled cycles, all vehicles shall be equipped with adequate roll bars or roof structures of sufficient strength to support the weight of the vehicle and shall have a secure seat and seat belt for the vehicle operator and each passenger. Seat belts shall be as specified in the California Vehicle Code.

REGISTRATION
All OHVs must be registered through the Department of Motor Vehicles and display a current green sticker. Funds generated from OHV registration are used for acquisition, development, and operation of OHV areas.

Flags are required for ALL vehicles it appears.

Registration should be current too, but I have never had them check?

Starboard M said:
Couple questions:

-What are people doing about food? Im thinking a stove and some steaks, or are we going to caravan to a retraunt(sp) or something along those lines?
-When is everyone getting there? Thinking about getting there friday afternoon or sat morning. Not sure which.

I guess I should just shut it and go. Ive been asking to many questions. :shiver:

We'll cook in camp some, and go out to eat some. It sort of depends on the weather, if it's windy in the evening it might be nice to go out, if it's nice and calm it would be nice to cook in camp.

I'll be there midday on Fri.

JohnX said:
Flags are required for ALL vehicles it appears.

Registration should be current too, but I have never had them check?

Flags are also available from shops in Oceano. For night runs, get one of those light strips and you can tie it to the top of your flag.

Well, I know Glamis requires flags on all vehicles, so I have mine and a nice mount I made on the rear bumper. Look for a black XJ sporting a conch republic flag in addition to the orange triangle.

I'll be up midday Friday as well, solo, nobody wants to come with me. I'm gonna sleep in the XJ.

It seems a waste for me to bring a BBQ for just me, can I trade someone some beer for grille time?

Also if anyone is Jeep-less but wants to tag along I'm going up Friday leaving Sat midday, could take someone if they're on the way or can get to Simi.

rightseatsis said:
Count me in. We managed to get reservations at Pismo Coast RV Park. Jeep is almost ready and I manage to find a flag at the local motorcycle shop.

We will be heading out Friday from the Bay Area around noon. See everyone down there.

Mary

Mary, some friends from Bakersfield are also staying at Pismo Coast. Look for them with a white lifted F350 and a black CJ.

i'm down for this trip. my girl and i will be leaving after the ups man drops off my new rear shocks tomorrow.

i've been to pismo a bunch of times and i've never had to have a flag on my rig, so unless the rules have changed since last fall i wouldn't worry about it.

we'll be flat towing my red 93 with a white dodge van

Goatman said:
Mary, some friends from Bakersfield are also staying at Pismo Coast. Look for them with a white lifted F350 and a black CJ.

I will look for them. We usually stay on the south side of the park close to state park boundary. We will have my white XJ and Winnie View.

We're heading down, hopefully in a bright blue '94.

We'll drive down Friday afternoon, if my replacement booster gets here in time. Otherwise we're just going to go down in the car and play at the beach.

Back