• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon trip recap

My son Taylor and I had alot of fun on this trip. Thanks Johnny for putting this together and sending the invites.

Josh, those are some very nice pics. Nice job. Nice to wheel with you again.

It was nice meeting some other guys for the first time.

I think as far as damage goes I got the worst of it. Just after I repaired and painted the jeep too. :smsoap: Oh well, its just sheet metal right?

I'll see what pics are on my camera and post some up.

you shouldnt have to, just make a day trip of it :p

man, now i really want to build up my heep so i can run this trail. looks like ill be dumping some money into it sooner than i anticipated.

We can make 33s fit your jeep, you can borrow my sawsall anytime you want..

Great pics, I hope to be able to get my Jeep up to the rubicon one day.

Those are marmots. They like wires and radiator hoses.

I suggested we rename it to the Beaver Run. :D It looked just like that damn beaver from the movie with Bill Murray, Groundhog Day.
Don't do that. The Sierra Club will hear about it and make the place into a wilderness area to protect the incredibly rare fur tailed mountain beaver.

Glad you all had a great time. I really wish I could have gone again this year.

Did anyone else try the Soup Bowl?

Only Eric tried the Soup Bowl. There was a buggy that we let go through. After everyone saw how much he was scraping, nobody else wanted to try it.

So what's a guy got to do to get an invite on one of these runs, Johnny? I promise I'll see a doctor about the snoring! :D

Here is some of my pictures from the trip.
rubicon002.jpg

rubicon009.jpg

rubicon012.jpg

rubicon017.jpg

rubicon031.jpg

rubicon038.jpg

rubicon043.jpg

rubicon045.jpg

rubicon061.jpg

rubicon067.jpg

rubicon070.jpg

rubicon087.jpg

rubicon091.jpg

rubicon092.jpg

Good Times!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the minimum requirements to run those trails?

I've done it first time on 31's with two lockers and rock rails. IIRC another year we had someone in our group with 31's and one locker and rock rails. It all depends on the driver and spotter :) Oh yeah, deeper gears are also a must: 4.11's at least with 31's.

Euge, are you planning on going next year? Dave & Jan want to bring their 6 wheel Pinzgauer over. I'm looking at options and dates now. If I can afford to get my Jeep back over for Fall Fling this year we would have to be out of the US by the end of July 2010.

Dave & Jan want to bring their 6 wheel Pinzgauer over.

When we were at the overlook getting a group photo there was about 4 or 5 mogs heading down to the springs. A couple of the usual ones, a camper one , and even a newer boxy model pickup with a crane on the back, oh and a Vanagon Syncro.

Back