• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Sept 9th-11th

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
Running the rubicon on Sept 9th-11th. Taking my dad wheeling for the first time. Hoping to camp at the trail head on the 8th and hit the trail on friday morning. Was thinking of runing loon to buck and camping for a day at buck. Then buck to tahoe on sunday.

Anybody up for a run?

whats up with it now?

A lot of little minor things. I need to change out the brakes master cylinder, driver side ball joint needs to be replaced, need to reinforce my rear tire carrier so I can carry a spare tire, it's still drifts at 60 miles an hour so I need to play with that, some minor fender trimming, I don't want to cut too much so I'm cutting a little at a time, and at the rate I find time to work on the rig it'll take me till Reno fest to get it all done.:flamemad:

Wish I could make another rubicon run but it's not in the schedule. ... I am thinking of running slick rock Oct 8-9.
Have fun with Pops on the rubicon!

I am trying to make this Rubicon run.

As for october, I am thinking of fordyce Oct 8-9th with Mike 1331

Tryimg
To go in friday after work -anyone game?

We are planning to take off about 6pm on thursday evening. We will be camping at the loon trail head.
Friday will be an easy day of wheeling in to buck and sat will be spend hiking and swimming and exploring. Sunday out to south tahoe and home.

Not sure if anyone else is heading up but thats my plan.

Have fun gordo.
Clyde what size tires are you running? 31s can do the con

Have fun gordo.
Clyde what size tires are you running? 31s can do the con
Im on 30's with trutracs front and rear and 4.5" of lift (plus the pumpkin on my 8.8 rear end sits super low). I got longarms so lifting it another inch and 33's should be cheap and easy (spacers and shackles). I don't think my experience is up to par yet to run it on 30's......

Anyone want to buy my set of 5 30" Hancook Dynatracs?

Im on 30's with trutracs front and rear and 4.5" of lift (plus the pumpkin on my 8.8 rear end sits super low). I got longarms so lifting it another inch and 33's should be cheap and easy (spacers and shackles). I don't think my experience is up to par yet to run it on 30's......

Anyone want to buy my set of 5 30" Hancook Dynatracs?

I think that is reasonable. It is a challenge on 33's for me. Not that I am that experienced but on 30's it would be a long day of wheeling.

I did see a zebra pass through buck sat afternoon. Didnt get a close look. Had an awesome time. Ill put together a report here soon. Still gathering some pics and video.

I did see a zebra pass through buck sat afternoon.
Nice, he didn't make it though, I was helping him do a gear install, didn't go as planned, so he didn't make it. Looking forward to the pics.

So last week was a whirlwind of wrenching and mounting tires and fixing damage from SF. Got everything back togeather on wednesday. Other than a bit of looseness in the steering and a small and very controllable amount of wobble it was good to go. So i got everything packed and loaded up.

Finished product
f5b4c282241c6981cacbfa7b84964607.jpg

We hit the road a bit late. Traffic was stoopid as always. We left faifield about 9:30pm thursday after getting supplies. We hit loon about 1:30am after fuelling up at fresh pond. Pulled over just before the damn and setup camp for a few hours.
Got up had breakfast and took a look around to see the sunrise on loon. It was gorgeous.

04e6a3823b8af257590890982a26d811.jpg

I aired down and we headed out at about 9:30am friday. Just got out before a large group that was staging at the entrance.

cd01360d7dac56701b28d413d508beff.jpg

619ffa6ace697932e70e643ff299fc49.jpg

03dfa57adaa4db2a4e64b1a214ce0695.jpg

We haulled through to buck. Three groups let us pass them. A large group of nissans and a four piece from orange county and a few others. We did little sluice which is a but underwhelming now. I could have walked it in two wheel drive.

We pulled into buck at 12:30 and setup camp. Not much to it but it was awesome. We were practically the only ones there. I new that would change though.

6f8cf0275ec30c8406e80f1649c1b565.jpg

Oscar was happy to be out of the jeep.
d5fe52f7422d43185b4f50fbd1399893.jpg

A few of the large groups came through later in the afternoon. Not much drama. We hung out with the group from orange county. They camped near us and were staying till sunday as we did.

We ate very well on this trip. No frozen burritos here. Haha.
3818bb9a3ac64e9fed2686b67e30e456.jpg

08cd5bb1cba7c33cf96aa7df81b660f0.jpg

Back