• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Gen2 or JKS quicker disconnects?

My friend just broke his JKS this weekend, those things are always giving him problems in his TJ

hagermanfolley said:
My friend just broke his JKS this weekend, those things are always giving him problems in his TJ

I would like to know how. Is he one of those guys that could fuck up an Anvil? Bull in a china closet? :D

I like Tera-flex better than all the rest!

90Blue_XJ said:
As to the not greasing them I disagree. I keep mine greased and have had no problems with them. I vote for the JKS and I'm a big RE fan but they need to stick to lifts and JKS can do the disco and trackbar things as far as I'm concerned. JMHO and I'm stickin' to it!!!

I choose not to grease mine because dirt and sand gets in the grease and chews up the ball ends and makes them hard to move also.

We were out weeling and he didnt disconnect them. about an hour into it we were stoped and I was looking at his front end and noticed it was broken. the 1/8 thick metal that wraps around the bushing broke "tore" all the way cross and the thing was just hanging. The pair he had before this set, he bent so bad the couldnt be fixed. this seems to be the only weak link the disco's.

ive got the RE discos and they are a pain, the only way that i can make them slip on and off real easy is to occasionally spray them with WD-40. I would go with the JKS, they are greasable...

Back