• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon alone

Last time I wheeled alone on the Rubicon the only problem I had was a couple of tards followed me to camp. :anon:

Seriously, if you have to ask then it isn't a good idea. Stuck on the Rubicon on a Monday in October doesn't sound like a good combination to me.

id rather be stuck at work than on the con alone on a monday with no one to drag me out if i had a bad break with no way to fix it, like a broken frame, ripped off leaf spring suspension mounts, cracked t case, burnt up tranny, blown d30 ring and pinion and or locker so 2wd only, etc etc. i wouldnt be worried about breaking a driveshaft, axle shaft, steering, since i carry spares of all of that...

all of that being said i wouldnt run it alone. if you want to be alone i the mtns in a moderately built XJ on a monday go run slickrock, run strawberry, boards crossing something easy. thats out of the way. the con is relentless and i couldnt imagine running it alone unless i had an on board welder, gas generator, lots of extra food and water, and a very very well built rig that has proven itself on that trail numerous times.

Last edited:
Back