• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RTF Cherokee

Simple Man

NAXJA Member #979
The Rubicon Trail Foundation has received from El Dorado County the old Sheriff's Patrol Cherokee. This Cherokee was built up by concerned trail users/organizations with donated components from many companys to get law enforcement on the trail.

The Cherokee needs some work. I do not yet have details. It is currently in Plymouth, CA. (south of Placerville, east of Elk Grove) They need to borrow a set of tires and wheels to do a true road test (35"/37"). It at least needs an alignment.

Please contact me if you're in the area and would mind helping out. The road test is the first step. They only need them for a few miles up and down the road (not a trail test). They have rollers but they were small and described as "Maypops".

I'll post up again once we learn more of what is needed.

Right now the long range plan for the Cherokee is to raffle it off at Cantina for the 'Con, either 2009 or 2010. But that is only a preliminary idea.

Doug

4 x 35X12.5/15 Xterrains on 15x8 aluminums, 5x4.5, 3.25" backspace.

Located in West Sacramento, may need to be picked up.

I WILL need them back.

I'll ask if there is a specific wheel needed.

I was hoping someone would be able to drive over some weekend, unbolt your tires, we drive them around, bolt your tires back up and you drive home.

I'll ask if there is a day coming up that Rusty wants people over to help.

Thanks for all the quick responses.

I can drive up this saturday morning to swap my tires. Just need them back on so I can get to Benicia by 4pm.

I seem to have got ahead of things. Rusty wants to get insurance and plates on it before he tries to test drive it. Stay tuned, I'll let you know when he's ready.

Thanks for the quick replys to help.

Doug

Keep us informed, I'd be glad to donate some time.

Back