• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

I have a 3 inch RC lift and my springs went completely flat in the rear and sagged really bad up front too. My brother had the 6.5 inch rough country lift and his sagged a good 2 inches in like 6 monthes..we put 6.5 inch rustys springs in the front and 2 inch blocks in the rear and it sat at about where it started.

I've been looking at the 4.5''lift for a few now but the rc websight isn't very informative. What is the difference between the standard 4.5 with leafs and the x-series 4.5 with leaves?

store.4wheelingplus.com has it listed on there sight. It includes the 9000 series shocks, extended stainless brake lines,adjustable control arms uppers and lowers, front sway bar disconnects front coils, transfer case drop kit and full rear leaf pack with u bolts. might have missed something going of memory,

store.4wheelingplus.com has it listed on there sight. It includes the 9000 series shocks, extended stainless brake lines,adjustable control arms uppers and lowers, front sway bar disconnects front coils, transfer case drop kit and full rear leaf pack with u bolts. might have missed something going of memory,

This is where I ordered my RC 4.5" lift from. Great service and price.

I've been wanting to lift my jeep for a while now, I was considering a RE 3.5 kit, but a local guy has a RC 3 inch kit that he bought and never used for cheap. What shocks would you guys reccomend for this kit?

x2 on the Bilsteins. if you get the kit for cheap, spend the extra $$ on some GOOD shocks.

When is RC going to make a TB mount and a different end for there track bar? Or is there another mount and an end that will go in the RC TBar?

they have already developed a TB that has a different end and Jason said that it was going to be avalable in the near future. I believe that it will be similar to their existing TB but the end will be of the heim flavor. As far as plans for aTB bracket....I have not heard anything as of yet.

Contact GRIUMS99XJ for more information.

Wow 37 pages, that took the better half of the day!

Thanks to all for the mountains of useful information contained within this very thread! I've been shopping around for lift kits on ebay and noticed the Rough Country kits tended to have the best prices, so of course had to do a search on naxja to find out if they're up to snuff!
What I've discovered from this thread, is the information that I have needed to secure my decision to go with an RC lift! Most likely a 4.5" lift with full leaf springs (should be enough to clear a 33x12.5 with some fender trimming, right?)

I'm not sure whether I'd be better off ordering through www.lowriders.ca since I am situated in Canada (Alberta). I'll have to call Jason when such a time arrives that I have the funds for the lift, and see how his shipping rates compare.

Thanks again to everyone for the info!

Edit: Oh and to XJ&TJ4ME - I seriously LOL'ed when I read your signature!! That made my day :)

Wow 37 pages, that took the better half of the day!

Thanks to all for the mountains of useful information contained within this very thread! I've been shopping around for lift kits on ebay and noticed the Rough Country kits tended to have the best prices, so of course had to do a search on naxja to find out if they're up to snuff!
What I've discovered from this thread, is the information that I have needed to secure my decision to go with an RC lift! Most likely a 4.5" lift with full leaf springs (should be enough to clear a 33x12.5 with some fender trimming, right?)

I'm not sure whether I'd be better off ordering through www.lowriders.ca since I am situated in Canada (Alberta). I'll have to call Jason when such a time arrives that I have the funds for the lift, and see how his shipping rates compare.

Thanks again to everyone for the info!

Edit: Oh and to XJ&TJ4ME - I seriously LOL'ed when I read your signature!! That made my day :)

I have never had another lift kit, but if I had to buy another one I would go with Rough Country. In 15 months I have had zero problems with it, it went on just fine, and customer service is top notch. People say other lifts ride smoother, but hell, it's a 4x4 not grandma's Cadillac! ;)

32's with no trimming is fine, as long as you don't want to turn. It gets really close really fast as you turn the wheels. I did some "light" trimming for my 32's. Later I put on the Bushwhackers and now I have loads of room.

So if you want to pull off the flares and do a good trimming 33's will be no problem.

If you call Rough Country as for Jason (GRIUMS99XJ), (mention NAXJA) he'll treat you right.

Last edited:
Missing leading prices, missing parts, not the way I would go if I had to do it again. Thought there price on a 4.5 suspension lift for 1k was awesome until I had to spend an additional 600 on parts to get it to work. Their product has alot to be desired, but they didn't lie b/c it is in their name ROUGH. Go with Fabtech or one of the more expensive brands that has a full kit with everything included in it, you get what you pay for.

Missing leading prices, missing parts, not the way I would go if I had to do it again. Thought there price on a 4.5 suspension lift for 1k was awesome until I had to spend an additional 600 on parts to get it to work. Their product has alot to be desired, but they didn't lie b/c it is in their name ROUGH. Go with Fabtech or one of the more expensive brands that has a full kit with everything included in it, you get what you pay for.

:bs:

First, http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/applications/jeep/4wd93-05xjzj.html

Yeah, looks like a REAL complete kit to me there buddy...

If you actually do some research ahead of time, and figure out what you need, you can piece things together - but me personally, I don't believe there is one company that makes THE BEST of everything. Having an almost complete kit (because NO ONE makes a lift kit with EVERYTHING you could possibly need) is just convenient - but by no means the best or only way to go.

Don't go and bash a company b/c you didn't do the proper reading/research ahead of time to figure out what YOU needed to make YOUR rig work.

RC has outstanding customer service, shipping, and - in my experience, I love their drop brackets.

I'm a bit confused, their 4.5" lift kit is $655 with full leaves, it's $870 with the CA drop brackets and "upgraded" shocks. The only thing I would add to the kit is a HD adjustable trackbar, and maybe an SYE and driveshaft if you had vibes. So I'm just curious how you had to spend $1600 total to make the kit work? Not trying to argue, I just want to understand the facts.

Back