• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Long Arm upgrades

It's a good thing to give red letters extra discount, and it makes sense. The amount you saved goes well toward a membership!

I already have the Rough Country 4.5 full system with spring packs. I also run Tera flex 1 inch coil spacer and shackles out back. I have the adjustable track bar, braided lines etc. Full kit. Can I buy just the components need to make the front a "long arm" set up?

Kit just came in today.

so far so good. it looks REALLY solid and everything looks awesome. the welds are nice and the skids are super heavy duty.. a lot more than i thought they would..

ill prob install this weekend and ill do a writeup on it.

thanks jason!

Got my set ordered.

My pinion yoke on my front axle was hitting the upper control arm on that side whenever I would stuff the drivers front tire with my RE short arms and drop brackets. Keeping the pinion angle constant in relation to the control arm should fix that.

Can't wait!

Thanks to a PM from Jason himself, the LCA axle end bushings are RUBBER! Thanks Jason!

These just keep getting better and better!:thumbup:

Jason,

From the way the install directions read, it sounds like the bushings in the lca's at the axle are rubber since they don't say to grease them...True?

Rob

definitely getting one of these when tax time comes around :D

Not trying to bash anyone/anything, but this kit looks very similar in design to the RE Longarm kit...? Funny though, I've never been a fan of the RE kit, but this one just looks better....

I know - that's what I think is funny too - the RE kit is 10 times more - but the RC kit looks better....

from looking at it my person opinion is that it looks like you get what you pay for. the kit doesn't not seem to have a good or strong mounting scheme. i would rather go with treks y-link or RE and spend a little extra to get a superior product. the treks is even on sale right now for a 150 more than Rough Country asking price. that is upgrade kit to upgrade kit.

You should go look at the RE kit again. It looks exactly the same as the RC one. Not sure how you could say the RE kit looks like it is a stronger mounting scheme.....?

It looks exactly the same as the RC one. Not sure how you could say the RE kit looks like it is a stronger mounting scheme.....?

welding vrs bolt on? strong welds vrs 4 bolts a side, and only two crush sleeves. that is my personel opinion.
!!!1

Back