• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Long Arm upgrades

Yeah Def!!

This is a good looking kit and its a long arm!! I think I'm gonna have to pass up RE 4.5 Superflex

If I knew what I know now I wouldn't buy a ready made kit.

My kit would include and this is on my budget not the top of the line stuff.

Iron Rock 3.5 springs
Teraflex 2" Shackle
Rubicon Express 5.5 coil
Any brand Quick Disconnects
95' YJ brake lines (which I am running now)
Rough country long arms or Iron Rock long arms

Hey Shred Bro Gnar Rad, take a look at Grimus's sig at the bottom of his post. There's his phone #! Just ask for him when you call. He'll take care of ya.

Jason,

From the way the install directions read, it sounds like the bushings in the lca's at the axle are rubber since they don't say to grease them...True?

Rob

Last edited:
Better re-inforce your mounts.Poly and hard joints dont belong on a radius arm set-up!
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_689U.html

By hard mounts do you mean the "Flex Joints"? If so wouldn't there be enough reinforcement on the Crossmember side to handle the abuse?

It seems to be ok to have the "rubber or poly" on the axle side.

Since they are a Suspension company I figure they know a thing or two about where to mount the correct ends.

I'm just trying to understand the logic of having the poly/rubber mounts and Flex joint mounts on either ends of the arms. Dont see a drawback to having them switched either way. I might not be thinking clearly enough though.

The twisting motion(of the axle) generated when flexing has to be able to be absorbed somewhere,thats the reason for ONLY using rubber mounts(except at the frame-side mounts).
The lower axle side(s) are poly!
Putting flex joints on the upper is useless!

Last edited:
....so....you're agreeing with yourself? Or disagreeing?

Look like rubber to me - wouldn't make much sense to have rubber on the top and poly on the bottom axle mount...it wouldn't matter which end the flex joint was mounted on...the entire arm will still twist.

got the new four wheeler mah today .. there is a nice feature/install about these long arms in there check it out

Yeah that current setup is going to rip off a pass UCA mount. You have to use all flex joints on the axle end with a radius arm setup. My buddy ripped his off with the same setup.

Yeah that current setup is going to rip off a pass UCA mount. You have to use all flex joints on the axle end with a radius arm setup. My buddy ripped his off with the same setup.

I'll assume you mean the UCA mount on the axle? If that's the case...you should reinforce that when installing a long arm kit.

Personally I haven't gotten around to reinforcing mine yet...but I will soon.

~Scott

I'd be curious to know what they are using as the race for the ball in their flex joints. If it's rubber (like a JJ) then they should have enough give to allow the radius arms to bind up.

If they are some other form, then I can see that setup ripping stock axle end UCA mounts off like there's no tomorrow.

Back