• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: Ross's Box and Sticker Collection

:thumbup: The preturned R&P should be here before the end of the week. Pending that showing up and checking my clearances, I MIGHT even get the bottom piece welded on within the next week or two.

Truss or no truss? I know its not really needed, but I like overkill unnecessary stuff. Also, since at some point the rear of my XJ will dissappear and a 4 link will show up, Id like to have a nice starting point ready to go for adding link tabs to later.

But but but, I wanna make a cool pinion support tie in piece like Chris too.....

f3uqf7.jpg

Plus, I gotta make each axle cool enough to try and out do the other one. What else am I gunna do with 4' of 3x6x5/16" rect tubing?

Plus, I gotta make each axle cool enough to try and out do the other one. What else am I gunna do with 4' of 3x6x5/16" rect tubing?

Put your engine on a stand, flip it over, and get the oil pan used to this idea :gee:

Don't copy me too closely.

You don't want to be the asshole that needs to take the calipers off to remove your rear shocks because the bottom bolt for the coilover doesn't clear the banjo bolt on the calipers.

Didn't see that one coming.

But but but, I wanna make a cool pinion support tie in piece like Chris too.....

f3uqf7.jpg

Cram it up your cram hole and wheel the damn Jeep!

Got the new UBE's finished up, the only left to do to them later is bend the ends up of the top plate like a factory u-bolt plate. I decided to go with a super duper mono leaf setup with quality plywood spacer wrap absorbers. The plywood will act to dampen any axle wrap resulting in postive traction :thumbup:

axxyfp.jpg

5anupl.jpg

28v3frk.jpg

Here you can see the possible clearance issues I might run into with the caliper/brake hose. Also notice how close the new narrower spring perch is to the brake bracket flange. I got a $75 gift card to autozone so Im gunna pick up some calipers at one point to figure that stuff out.

nb6e7a.jpg

I havent done much work to the actual jeep since its kinda snowed in now.....

14v66t.jpg

Perches look good.
Chevy single pistons? You'll probably be ok with that setup if you get the right hoses. I have little room with my lower coilover mount (although not as little as you) and I was able to make it work. I used a brake hose that came off the caliper and pointed toward the front of the vehicle and it worked out fine. Some hoses are designed to come off toward the ground and can't be rotated because of their shape so just look out for that.

Get out the shovel/snow-blower/plow if that freezes you won't work on it till April. :D

RearBrakeHose.jpg

Here you can see the possible clearance issues I might run into with the caliper/brake hose. Also notice how close the new narrower spring perch is to the brake bracket flange. I got a $75 gift card to autozone so Im gunna pick up some calipers at one point to figure that stuff out.

nb6e7a.jpg

I used the Ruff Stuff brackets on a D60 with 14b outters, the clearance was pretty tight, and I ended up having to re-drill the brackets to clock them down to a better spot.

I can get better pics, but this is where they ended up
1zIAjg367436-02.jpg

they are clocked as high as I could get them.

Chevy single pistons? You'll probably be ok with that setup if you get the right hoses. I have little room with my lower coilover mount (although not as little as you) and I was able to make it work. I used a brake hose that came off the caliper and pointed toward the front of the vehicle and it worked out fine. Some hoses are designed to come off toward the ground and can't be rotated because of their shape so just look out for that.

Yeah, just regular Chevy singles. You make a good point, I'll have to find a hose that positions itself outta the way/best route. I'll worry more about this stuff later down the road when its needed. I'll probably route the rear lines to a splitter that leads down the traction bar to the body.

I ended up having to re-drill the brackets to clock them down to a better spot.

That was kinda along the lines of possible other thoughts. Maybe flip the brackets to the front of the axle and reposition the calipers in a different orenatation for better routing.

Dude that leaf is gonna fold like a taco!

How much does a transfer case like yours cost? Any particular reason you couldn't make the 231 work?

Lemme know when you're ready for brake lines, or just go dig the parts out of Bill's thread. Cheap & simple.

Lemme know when you're ready for brake lines, or just go dig the parts out of Bill's thread. Cheap & simple.

:thumbup: Ive already got a couple of your various posts noted for some steering and brake things.

Rear brake line is going down the traction bar to a splitter to the rear calipers. I'll do something down the UCA in the 3 link up front to the front calipers like you guys did. I'll be happy be the time Im doing that stuff, cause that'll mean Ive got a bunch done and Im almost ready to go wheelin again :)

"blah blah blah blah football this Sunday gotta get ready blah blah blah blah"

or

"oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah XXXX YOU! I'm gonna throw this thread at you!"

Back