• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: Ross's Box and Sticker Collection

Is that why your turning radius isn't gonna suck and your tires aren't gonna hit the links?

Just of of curiosity more than anything; when the pinion is pointed correctly at the t-case, what is the measurement from the underside of the axle tubes to the lowest point of the center section?

In other words, I want to compare how much clearance you really gained over just using a D60/D70HD. :)

I just measured some axles I have laying around. All measurements are from the bottom of the tube to the lowest point on the diff:

HP30 - 3.5"
HP60 - 4.625"
Shaved 14b - 3.875"
Stock 14b ~5.75-6"

I hate your Jeep, it wont be ready for June, I hate your Bridgeport, I hate your tires, and I hate you.

Hurry up with this silly contraption!

I just measured some axles I have laying around. All measurements are from the bottom of the tube to the lowest point on the diff:

HP30 - 3.5"
HP60 - 4.625"
Shaved 14b - 3.875"
Stock 14b ~5.75-6"

You're going to going to be running a mack truck leaf spring pack in a spring under configuration right?

Ross's box, sticker, and pretty cool shaved 14bolt collection

That 14bolt came out awesome, nice work[/QUOTE

Did you get the memo? We are done congratulating Ross on his 14B and are now back to giving him crap for the lack of updates / progress.
Funny how I join giving him crap from across the country...
Anyway.
Pics!

Hey slacker come on

:D

2qdpqwk.jpg

Gotta order some blank arms from LetzRoll and get the knuckles welded up. Im gunna add a chunk of 3/4" up top to be able to add in a 5th bolt hole. Im thinking of running the tierod under the arm and building a double sheer bracket off of the knuckle to capture a 7/8x3/4 hiem. For the draglink Im thinking of running it to a bracket mounted off the top of the tierod in (yes it would make alignments a little bit more involved with having to remove ends).

I am fixing and re-breaking things on my jeep faster than you are building things! :moon:

Got to enjoy the nice weather this weekend by getting work done on a bunch of things. I had to rebuild the e-brake stuff and gaint driveshaft in the D-max, took awhile tearing down the hubs and everything but only ate into jeep time a little bit. Parts are now moving out of the container and under the jeep. Now its got tires and an axle under the back of it!!

Started rear suspension, got the leafs mocked up where I wanted them. Got the bottom of the floorboards where the front hanger landed plated up. Got the hangers welded in and tied into the framerails, once theres rocker I'll also tie a support leg into it too. Gives me a whole bunch of adjustability, 0-3" of stretch from the hanger and -1.25"/0"/1.25" from the UBE's. Im starting at 2" back on the hangers and the UBE's either straight up or stretched 1.25". I got a line on some shackles coming so hopefully I can get those and the rear hangers done this week too.

15x0im0.jpg

4in7nm.jpg

2w2r56q.jpg

33oqfzt.jpg

33kxa9u.jpg

Primer = progress. Also bought these to go out back too.

walqmo.jpg

Back