• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: Ross's Box and Sticker Collection

Non-cheapo end mills or not, that weld is going to be hard to machine.

WTF Mark, you broke my streak of compliments. I saw you made a post and knew you weren't gunna be adding to it :D

(I machined most of the weld with the grinder and just made a final pass with the mill that barely took anything off)

WTF Mark, you broke my streak of compliments. I saw you made a post and knew you weren't gunna be adding to it :D

(I hacked most of the weld with the grinder and just made a final pass with the mill that barely took anything off)

Fixed it for you.

Looks good - but when is this heap going to roll?

First run out ;)

sheesh....this thread says box and stickers and i see none....wtf all i see is some crummy over shaved FF14b

Ready for shaved gears. :woohoo:

Drilled and tapped the bottom plate for some new lower diff cover bolts. Got the new bottom drilled and welded to the cover. Got everything nice and smooth and took some pictures. Aside from a good cleaning, its pretty much ready for some gears.

2n7dpxd.jpg

ne6ekn.jpg

vyqu89.jpg

2nlzr6a.jpg

2j2f1wy.jpg

F*CKING AWSOME DOOD!

Looks awesome, wanna build me one?

Looks awesome, wanna build me one?

Now that he has the technique down, replicating the work onto another axle should only take him 3 months.

ross did something vaguely cool!

you made that 14 bolt your bitch

Just of of curiosity more than anything; when the pinion is pointed correctly at the t-case, what is the measurement from the underside of the axle tubes to the lowest point of the center section?

In other words, I want to compare how much clearance you really gained over just using a D60/D70HD. :)

you made that 14 bolt your bitch

13 bolt .!.:D.!.

In other words, I want to compare how much clearance you really gained over just using a D60/D70HD. :)

Ill get a comparison between it and my HP60 later when I get home. I gained at least like ~2" shaving it and have a nice smooth thicker bottom I don't have to worry about dragging.

Back