• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RooooooooooooL TiiiiiiiiiDE ROLL!!!

wow you almost got beat by audurn....hmmm. i bet saban is gonna make them cry this week. and you better hope you dont play like this next friday when florida pays a visit!

I never understood "Roll Tide"......

Crimson Tide = Elephant?

Um.....ok....

You never can count a team out in a rivilary, especially the Iron Bowl!

Auburn keyed on Ingram and he didn't get the plays he normally does. Kudos to the coaching staff for putting the ball in other's hand. Kudos to Ingram for not whinning about it. The Tide has never had a Hiesman winner because we have always preached and lived the "team" approach. I think that was proven Saturday when they moved to other plays to win the game and keep the national championship in focus. Some other teams might have just keep trying to get Ingram the ball so he could bust out a wild play or something.

As for Roll Tide and elephants, if you guys honestly want to know I'll explain.

As for Florida, I'll let the team do the talking Saturday. :)

Sorry Dan, but I think Tim Tebow is going to have his way with your Elephants....

I'm just gonna root for the lesser-known undefeated underdogs - TCU, Boise St and Cincy....

Well the Crimson Tide came about during the 1920s when Alabama was the first and only Southern team to ever play in the Rose Bowl, back then. I forget the exact game, but it was mentioned by the commentators that Alabama's line looked like a Crimson Tide rolling over the other team...and the name and cry stuck. Hence the football team is called the Crimson Tide and the cry is "Roll Tide Roll!"

As for the Elephant....back during this same area it was said by one of the commentators that when the Alabama team took the field at the beginning of the game they looked and sounded like a thunderous heard of Red Elephants...and a mascot was born.

As for Tebow.....we'll see. I think a couple of hits from our Defense and a early jump on the scoreboard will take care of him. Plus didn't I hear that one of their stars was arrested for DUI last night?

Tim Tebow gonna play DE for you too? :D

Back