• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler crossmember-skid

for those that dont know.. here are some pics of the arms mounted
320Untitled-10.jpg

320Untitled-9.jpg

The RK kits I've seen were welded on to the frame rails. They extend under the ends of the stock crossmember utilizing the bolts from that as well. My thought would be to cut the front of your guy's member/skid so that it doesn't use the front nutsert and instead fits snugly around the LA mount. I think there was a pic in this thread earlier that had lines added where I'm talking about cutting. It would mean 2 less bolts, but it wouldn't be being used to mount arms, so it "should" still be more than strong enough to hold up.

Edit: Yup, check the 10th post in this thread for the pic.

yeah they are welded on!

this was the picture you were talking about..

IMG_5833bb.jpg

Yeah, thats the one.

I had another idea. What if instead of completely removing that corner, you bent it down so it would be flush with the side of the LA mount. Then drill and tap the side of the LA mount to accept a bolt through the front hole on the bent section of the member mount? That would give you those two bolts back. Since the LA mount is pretty stout and welded to the frame, that should work if you wanted to take the time to get those two bolts back.

nhrocker said:
Yeah, thats the one.

I had another idea. What if instead of completely removing that corner, you bent it down so it would be flush with the side of the LA mount. Then drill and tap the side of the LA mount to accept a bolt through the front hole on the bent section of the member mount? That would give you those two bolts back. Since the LA mount is pretty stout and welded to the frame, that should work if you wanted to take the time to get those two bolts back.

We've considerred that, just need the measurements. :) That would definitely add some beef to RK's LCA mount

Bob

I hope someone gets you the measurements. If it works out, your guy's crossmember/belly pan will be my first choice! :wave:

Back