• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree Nov 18-19, information

My feet are still cold from the '04 Blizzard. Even the dogs were frozen out.

Edit: I recall a rather festive night run up LBJ, in the snow, following MJR with his lady driving. Jes and I would let her manuever up the trail 15 minutes at a time, while partaking in frosty beverages, then move up when we lost sight of the tail lights. It got a little slick up on top, and the wind was blowing about 25 knots. Took about 2 hours and 17 urination breaks to get back to camp! Good times!

Last edited:
My plans have changed and I'm looking for an open seat for Thurs and/or Friday. I plan on taping a run or two or three or four.. :confused1 I heard that a group will be there during the week and will do the hammers And that I might be able to get a front seat.... **cough*cough* Captain Ron *Cough**

Someone is going to fab a camera mount that could attach to a roll bar. I have even used bungy cords to mount it to the dash.

I just would need to take a backpack to hold a couple of small cameras, inverter, tapes and a small cooler to hold lunch..

To make Thursday runs, I will go up there Wed..

Bueller.. Bueller...

Thanks,
Elias

Thursday is your best bet. Get there early, I'm sure we'll be able to get you onboard with someone.

I may not be your best choice. Your gear may not operate very well upside down. :D

--ron

:puke:no thanks... Not even Jaeger would have helped with my back last year. Yes, I f'ed my back up good on WB. Had to get a CT scan which showed some trauma to my L4 and L5. No breaks fortunatly but I occasionally step wrong and re injure it. So I will be a bit more carefull this year and try not to slide under Matts buggy while bouncing my ass off rocks. But keep the Jaeger away from me. It makes me violent.
And while I have been reprimanded for talking about drinking while wheeling. That must mean that there will be no drinking on the trail at all. So leave the booze and bud at camp and stick with barley flavored soda water.
BrettM said:
I thought Jaeger was the drink of choice for that fall?

Captain Ron said:
Thursday is your best bet. Get there early, I'm sure we'll be able to get you onboard with someone.

I may not be your best choice. Your gear may not operate very well upside down. :D

--ron

lol.. Oh yeah.. cameras DO work upside down.. But I don't work too well upside down.. :roflmao: I get a little dilerious... Wait.. I'm already a little dilerious.. Oh well. :looney:

I plan on getting up there Wed night or evening..

See you guys there.. I'll be the small XJ, or as my dad calls it "AJAX", at 4.5" on 31's.

Elias

I regret to report that I will not be able to attend this year's JV event...

My father-in-law was injured at work and me and the wife are driving up to WA to visit the Friday before JV. We will probably be up there for a week or so and I intend to hit up Evan's Creek or Walker Valley. My wife feels bad about missing JV as well- she helped me get the XJ together for JV and all.

Take lots of pics for me and stay safe,

L8r,
Coullt

P.S. I really hate that I will miss Ryan's homebrew...that stuff is top notch if you ain't ever had it.

Last edited:
Cherikon said:
I regret to report that I will not be able to attend this year's JV event...

My father-in-law was injured at work and me and the wife are driving up to WA to visit the Friday before JV. We will probably be up there for a week or so and I intend to hit up Evan's Creek or Walker Valley. My wife feels bad about missing JV as well- she helped me get the XJ together for JV and all.

Take lots of pics for me and stay safe,

L8r,
Coullt

P.S. I really hate that I will miss Ryan's homebrew...that stuff is top notch if you ain't ever had it.

Sorry to hear about the wife's dad.
Hope all is well
Hope to see you next time!

I plan on leaving from Long Beach at around 2 friday

tgregg said:
I am leaving for Johnson Valley Friday about noon. It should take me an hour to get there. Will there be some NAXJA members there yet?

Yeah, some of us will be there, but we'll probably be out on a trail somewhere. Drive to the lake bed and look to the left for a group of tents, trailers, and campers......that should be us.

Goatman said:
Yeah, some of us will be there, but we'll probably be out on a trail somewhere. Drive to the lake bed and look to the left for a group of tents, trailers, and campers......that should be us.

Will you have the NAXJA banner up?

If your comming out at night then watch for the Sobe Bombs... Those should be easy to see.

so on the 17th I cant go from OC to barstow on the 15?

its about right here.
34*24.444'N, 116*30.418'W roughly.
not exact because I am looking at the topo map.

ROBERTK said:
so on the 17th I cant go from OC to barstow on the 15?
The 17th you should just have normal I15 YUK!! You can check the Caltrans web site but the sign says closed the 18th. They have been closing them around 9am the first day and opening again at about 9am the last day.

Rawbrown said:
its about right here.
34*24.444'N, 116*30.418'W roughly.
not exact because I am looking at the topo map.

Thanks, the CA. Backroads lists 34 24 47.7N 116 30 50.0W but when I try to map it it says out of range!!

Back