• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, Johnson Valley Nov 19-20

Is there a tentative schedule of events/trail runs? I'm trying to figure out arrival and departure times, and I don't want to cut my time short if there are other things planned.

Capt. Nemo said:
Is there a tentative schedule of events/trail runs?

I'm trying to figure out arrival and departure times, and I don't want to cut my time short if there are other things planned.

What are you asking, specifically?

We're putting on a dinner and raffle on Saturday evening. There are trails to run everyday, for any level. We have to keep the trail runs informal, so we don't generate a permit requirement. Officially, we're putting on a dinner and raffle on Sat night. We'll all go out and run whatever trails we want.

:)

Goatman said:
What are you asking, specifically?

We're putting on a dinner and raffle on Saturday evening. There are trails to run everyday, for any level. We have to keep the trail runs informal, so we don't generate a permit requirement. Officially, we're putting on a dinner and raffle on Sat night. We'll all go out and run whatever trails we want.

:)

That answered my question, as vague as it was.

how will it be out there i am thinking about driving out there saturday and staying the night about there for the raffle cuz i dont see my xj doing anything but dirt roads but no rocks but figuring since it is my birthday weekend and there is a raffle i would use a lot of gas and head out there.... will it be too cold to sleep in my xj?

I live close by and yes at night it has been getting windy and cold. I leave for work around 4am and I need a heavy jacket to not freeze while I wait for the heater to kick in. I unfortuanatly will miss yet another event due to mechanical crap!(trans) one day my heep will stay together long enough to make a run

I have a question about the runs that are scheduled. I have read the stories about JV and I want to experience some of it, BUT I do not want to break anything. I do not have gears or lockers yet, but I do want to run some trails. I do have 4+" lift and armor.

Are there enough people with a similar set-up or desire to run moderate trails?

I would like to be able to watch people "play" on the hardcore trails though. Are there by-passes or something?

Thanks,

Robert

BTW, I will be coming up for the day, leaving OC really early and staying for the dinner and raffle, then coming back.

i will prolly be doing the same as Robert leave my home really early and go up for the day and prolly leave that night at around 9'ish i am thinking that is gonna be the best thing for me

kev0 said:
i will prolly be doing the same as Robert leave my home really early and go up for the day and prolly leave that night at around 9'ish i am thinking that is gonna be the best thing for me

Maybe those of us doing the day trip can meet along the way and caravan there? Maybe somewhere around the 15 and 60 or 10?

If you are in OC, we can meet along the 91 somewhere.

We can figure out times next week.

Robert

rpraterxj said:
I have a question about the runs that are scheduled. I have read the stories about JV and I want to experience some of it, BUT I do not want to break anything. I do not have gears or lockers yet, but I do want to run some trails. I do have 4+" lift and armor.

Are there enough people with a similar set-up or desire to run moderate trails?

I would like to be able to watch people "play" on the hardcore trails though. Are there by-passes or something?

Thanks,

Robert

BTW, I will be coming up for the day, leaving OC really early and staying for the dinner and raffle, then coming back.

Like is mentioned in the info that is posted, there are trails for everybody. The moderate and easy trails will likely end up at the top of the hard trail so folks can walk down and watch. There are no trails with bypasses so moderate rigs can run a hard trail.

kev0 said:
how will it be out there i am thinking about driving out there saturday and staying the night about there for the raffle cuz i dont see my xj doing anything but dirt roads but no rocks but figuring since it is my birthday weekend and there is a raffle i would use a lot of gas and head out there.... will it be too cold to sleep in my xj?

There are always people who sleep in their rigs, or in tents. It can get cold at night.......but, we go to the desert in the winter and the mountains in the summer, so it can always get cold at night. :)

Thanks Richard.

See everyone there.

what time did you plan on leaving Robert.... my dad has this firm belief that my jeep wont make it all the way out there imma keep my fingers crossed

kev0 said:
what time did you plan on leaving Robert.... my dad has this firm belief that my jeep wont make it all the way out there imma keep my fingers crossed

Glad to hear hes quite the optimist

Just FYI...

I plan to leave from Upland at about 6am Saturday and will have a couple other vehicles with me. We will be caravaning there at about 60-65mph...I will be towing and don't like tickets! We will be departing around Noon on Sunday.

I will have my neighbor in his 92 with 3", open, open on 31's and he is on a very friendly basis with the skinny pedal.

I will also have a buddy in a 76 ford on 40's locked in the rear.

I'll be bringing a dirtbike or two, and we will all be tenting or similar.

We will probably run any trail we can find that the ford will fit on. We like to take it kind of easy...damage sucks. So anyone with a slight lift will be welcome to roll with us. I don't know the trails....but you can't get lost in a Jeep.

Goatman said:
There are always people who sleep in their rigs, or in tents. It can get cold at night.......but, we go to the desert in the winter and the mountains in the summer, so it can always get cold at night. :)
I'll be tenting it... bringing a few tarps, lots of clothes, and the -10 mummy bag. If all that fails I'll find someone to cuddle up with lastara

BrettM said:
I'll be tenting it... bringing a few tarps, lots of clothes, and the -10 mummy bag. If all that fails I'll find someone to cuddle up with lastara

this is why i dont think i am going to be spending the night i am only 18 and i dont need to be a witness to these weird acts of whatever he calls it

kev0 said:
this is why i dont think i am going to be spending the night i am only 18 and i dont need to be a witness to these weird acts of whatever he calls it

hey you are 18, you can even hold the camera if you like!!

JohnX said:
Just FYI...

I will have my neighbor in his 92 with 3", open, open on 31's and he is on a very friendly basis with the skinny pedal.

One of the Shirleys?

kev0 said:

Not sure yet. I will do some calculating this weekend and see what I come up with.

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get to JV meeting spot from OC? I am thinking about 1.5 hours.

Thanks

Back