• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

-RK Rear Coil Conversion-

Here are a few larger Pics:

IMG_2136dark.jpg

IMG_2150Dark.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

I might be crazy, but the rear LCAs appear to be like one of them has a bend on the axle end while the other one has the bend at the frame end, or maybe im just seeing things?

I might be crazy, but the rear LCAs appear to be like one of them has a bend on the axle end while the other one has the bend at the frame end, or maybe im just seeing things?

ya i agree..somethin does look a little funny

ya i agree..somethin does look a little funny

I know it looks a little funny in the pic, but the lower arms have two bends in them. the first one is up towards the frame mount to wide'n the arms and the other is for ground clearence.

IMG_1476.jpg

And the rear truss fits perfect! No issues. :thumbup:

IMG_1478.jpg

Yeah all of the RK LA's now have bends for clearances. That changed right after I got my striaght LA's...dang it!

Looks sick. In for the flex pics. :)

BTW, does it use the stock spring perches for the coils?

It should according to RK but mine were not even close. So I took some spare spring perches that I had in my tool box and welded them next to the factory perch and them welded the lower coil spring perch to both of them. Now the bump stops line up and compress prefectly stright even when it flexes.

how are the highway manners being that now you are on coils in the rear instead of the leafs?

I am looking to do the same kit for my front/rear setup on the XJ, just not sure if its a worthwhile investment, being that I do more of the exploration/overland driving then actual rock crawling & trails.

Feel free to elaborate if you have anything in mind...

thanks

Back