• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retro jeeps

This line stuck out to me: Mopar kit that lets owners easily bolt in the 470-hp Hemi V8 in place of the standard Chrysler V-6 in models with a five-speed transmission

I wonder if that would be feasible to cram into an XJ.

I love the Gladiator. That is a man's truck,...great DD and evening hang out.

Speaking of Retro,....I have been trying to find a pictoral of all of Jeep's products from the Bantam to the present day offerings. :eyes:

The Portal FC is neat.

The Gladiator roof line just dones't seem right to me though.

Give me that FC with a usable bed (one speced isn't right) and we'll be talking. Four door and we'll be tlaking more!

My first Jeep was a 64 Gladiator J100. Short box, three on the tree, with the infamous Kaiser OHC6, which was every bit as bad as everyone says it was. Too bad it was so badly made, because it had good torque, got 20 mpg on the road, and was pretty much unstoppable in snow. The Gladiator was indeed one of the coolest little trucks ever made. Its only near-fatal drawback, aside from the awful engine, was that it had the widest turning circle of any vehicle I've ever driven, such that it could be a challenge to get around corners on narrow city streets. I think they fixed that in later versions with open knuckles, as well as giving it a proper Rambler 6.

The FC seems a little closer to the roots, since the original FC was not that different underneath from a beefed up CJ. I'm a little less impressed by the Gladiator, though it's a step in the right direction. Still, if I were looking for a retro Jeep truck, I think I'd go for that FC.

Back