• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Resume help...

Roll-over

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about fishing the job market a little. The problem is my resume hasn't had a face-lift in about 3 years.
icon_redface.gif
Would anyone be willing to have a look at it and give me some constructive criticism??? Let me know and I'll post it in doc format.

John

I actually just completed one of those "get you ready for the real world" things that my university has when you are a senior thing. If you want send it my way and i will tell you what the new and upcoming experts supposedly look for on these things.

greg

o nice to see some tx people on here.

What market? A graphic artist had better have a lot different looking resume than an engineer, imo. I'm an engineer which means everyone who reads my resume is also a nerd, and wants to see everything in tables, graphs and bullit points. Neatness and order along with good experience is paramount.

My brother in law sends out a CD with video, bad music and a bunch of artsy crap that would never work for me, but that's what his employers want to see.

I'd get it to someone in the industry you are shooting for and see what they like/dislike. At the end of every interview I ask the interviewer what they wanted to see on my resume that they didn't see, gives me good feedback on both the skill and the resume items they are after.

My $.02, and worth about two cents less than that.

The short answer is any market. the position is Geek. I thought about doing the multimedia business card cd, but that seems like the resume of someone with too much free time. Rckclmbr, PM sent.

John

Back