• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replace real seal: how?

Man, I am going to try this tomorrow, if it works, you are a lifesaver, and I really owe you! I hope it works.

So what parts do you use to fit bigger vac. tubing? Do you use the same PVC and mod it after the elbow. I opened up the bottom of it some and it seemed to help but still clueless about the rest.

Pulled the CCV tube off and found a rubber cap in there plugging the vac. tube. :confused: So this is what's been causing my rear-main leak and oil in the air filter, sunnuva :mad: I suppose I should feel good about replacing the rear main seal last week and all the fun that was. But nice info. rockcralwinxj, it's all good now.

So what parts do you use to fit bigger vac. tubing? Do you use the same PVC and mod it after the elbow.

If I remember correctly You'll need to pull the rubber boots off of both pcv elbows. Then just replace with the tubing thats the same size as the elbow like this:

faee79a3.jpg

faee79b1.jpg

Wow, now that's what I call a bigger vac tube!! There is a metering orifice at the point where the PCV tube connects with the valve rocker cover. Did you remove this? If so, it appears that you've plumbed a big intake manifold leak. How does she idle?

it appears that you've plumbed a big intake manifold leak. How does she idle?
What I've done is basically use the tube that fits the elbows. If you look closely right under the throttle body wiring I've simply cut the original vacuum tube shorter and "plugged" it into the bigger tubing. It may seem like I've defeated the purpose of the bigger tubing but, I've also drilled out the oriface in the elbows. My main concern was to decrese all restrictions up to the point were the vacuum tubes meet. Altogether, it has worked. And by the way. I used clear tubing so I can monitor air flow direction at different throttle speeds from under the hood and to see if it's moving any oil.:)
Oh yeah, she idles like she's supposed to because the vacuum fitting in the intake was never enlarged. Only the upstream restrictions were lessened.:)

Back