• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repairs made on Metal Masher

It will be nice having a winch anchor point on WidowMaker. That obstacle has gotten really nasty in the last few years. Since the first time I ran it, I bet it has gotten dug out at least 3 feet.

I saw it for the first time in many years earlier this summer. The last time I had seen it was in 1994 or so. At that time, pretty much any vehicle could do it with a little momentum. The only ones that had trouble were stockers that were over 110" wheelbase as they got a little of the double whammy effect as they climbed. At that time, I would estimate it was about a 3 foot ledge. That rock at the bottom on the right side was by far completely unknown. I didn't measure when I was there this year, but I think about 6 and a half feet is fair, and probably understating it. Wow!
I hear Wayne's world on constrictor is a similar story over the last year or so. :worship:
Anything with sand at the base sure morphs fast!

What was wrong with the old winch anchor?
orig.jpg

Back