• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reno help? Holiday toy drive location and volunteer needed

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
With the semi-recent influx of Reno guys into the chapter I was wondering if there was enough interest in holding a Holiday Toy Drive collection/run in the Reno area. The date will be November 17th. I'm not well enough versed in the Reno area to suggest a location. Is there any interest in holding the run? Is there anyone who would like to volunteer to collect the toys and deliver them to a local Toys for Tots collection point? I can find the drop location, we just need a volunteer, and a location suitable for the run. It could also be just a local meet and greet if that makes more sense considering who knows what the weather will be like up there.

I also will need another volunteer to help with the Prairie City location as well.

I will be taking care of the Hollister Hills location like before. I would like to nail down the details of this event early enough that we can start advertising it a bit sonner than usual.

If I'm still living here near Pismo (Pending new employment) I'd love to have a gig at Pismo Beach. Last year I placed bins all around Santa Maria. I'm in the farming industry so I have a relationship with lots of vendors. I think I sat up just 4 bins for a three weeks and filled my bmw last year. If it is widely advertised (flyers and/or bins around the central coast) I believe we could have a great turn out. I think its very do-able.

the pres is up here.... id been in to help out...

We are both down to help out. Brian C just let us/me know what you need. PM me or give me a call 775 742 0196.

I need a location and a point of contact for the Reno event. Any ideas where to hold it?

As far as a Pismo get together, that's not a bad idea. The only issue I see is that is the same weekend when Goatfest is traditionally held so the so-cal support might be spotty.

I'm not thinking so much as Naxja support. I thinking more along the lines of the local offroad community. In Paso we have Advanced Adapters. In SLO their is Poly Performance, in pismo you have Kicksand as well as the Dunes themselves. In Santa Maria their is all of my vendors plus Calderons Tires who is pretty active in the offroad industry. Last year my local club (Santa Maria four wheelers) was gonna donate money to buy gifts, but decided against because all the toys I collected were going to you and not a local drop off. It deffinetly could be done.

I need a location and a point of contact for the Reno event. Any ideas where to hold it?

As far as a Pismo get together, that's not a bad idea. The only issue I see is that is the same weekend when Goatfest is traditionally held so the so-cal support might be spotty.

im not familer with the toy run you guys have done... what are ya needing help with? a trail run? a place to hold the drive?

im not familer with the toy run you guys have done... what are ya needing help with? a trail run? a place to hold the drive?

In the past all that we have done is hold a run at a local OHV park and collect toys. Normally I collect the toys from around 9 until around 12. It is more of a meet & greet until after lunch, then we go wheel for a few hours and go home.

Like I said, I have no clue as to where to hold the event in the Reno area. We need a suitable location to hold a low key run. The location should be something for everyone, for both a stocker or a modified rig.

The volunteer needs to make a plan for the collection point and collection times, collect the toys, and drop them off at a local donation station. I will find a local official toys for tots drop location for the toys to be donated to.

I'm not thinking so much as Naxja support. I thinking more along the lines of the local offroad community. In Paso we have Advanced Adapters. In SLO their is Poly Performance, in pismo you have Kicksand as well as the Dunes themselves. In Santa Maria their is all of my vendors plus Calderons Tires who is pretty active in the offroad industry. Last year my local club (Santa Maria four wheelers) was gonna donate money to buy gifts, but decided against because all the toys I collected were going to you and not a local drop off. It deffinetly could be done.

Well if you can come up with a plan for the location and ensure that the toys are donated quickly, I don't see why we couldn't do it.

Bryan, I may be able to put something up at the Goodyear store I work at. I will let you know by tomorrow.

Well this thread was about gauging interest in holding the run, not just for volunteers. Seems that the run might not attract as many people as I had hoped. No big deal, maybe next year there will be enough interest to make it worth the effort to put this together. Thanks to those who showed interest, there just wasn't enough to warrant holding a run.

Back