• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RedBird SRA Sat. May 6th

BRIANHO13 said:
OK guys looks like I am in for Friday and Saturday night festivities.

Are you bring our feathery fawking friends?

bshaw said:
who will be there Friday night then? didn't see a whole lot of info on camping either??

I will be there Friday night.

looks like this place is in dugger
Green Sullivan State Forest
Dugger, In. 812-648-2810

BRIANHO13 said:
Check out this webpage.....looks like there is camping pretty much right outside the park. Bottom right of the map...anyone have any info on this?
http://www.redbirdsra.com/map1.htm

I posted on Redbird's fourm. I'll see if I can find out any info on that for you guys.

I'll be there Friday night. Party on, Wayne.

BRIANHO13 said:
Check out this webpage.....looks like there is camping pretty much right outside the park. Bottom right of the map...anyone have any info on this?
http://www.redbirdsra.com/map1.htm

Here you go guys:

Tony Lance said:
this area is located just east of the gate on county road 1500 E which is the road you come in off of highway 54, I know this is a church campground and the owner does not allow alchol or tobbaco on his property, There are a few cabins that you can rent close to the property and I think they sleep 6 or so, Both of the cabins are very close to Redbird and you would be able to ride your atv's or whatever to Redbird.

Sounds like you'd be better off to go to the State Park fellers.

Haleyes said:
Here you go guys:

Sounds like you'd be better off to go to the State Park fellers.

Thanks for the info.

Would you mind asking which park is the clostest? I think there are two near by?

I clicked around on the links Mike posted... lets stay at Greene-Sullivan State Park. Call me when you hit town, I'll let you know where in the forest we are.

Talked to Kevin (XJ8_8) he will not be joining us this year, so we will have to find another guide.

BRIANHO13 said:
Talked to Kevin (XJ8_8) he will not be joining us this year, so we will have to find another guide.

That blows... we'll just have to get lost then. Didn't they provide maps?

Remind me to avoid the mud holes...

Lawn Cher' said:
That blows... we'll just have to get lost then. Didn't they provide maps?

Remind me to avoid the mud holes...

Stay out of the mud holes. I have a hand held GPS so we will at least be able to get out.

bshaw said:
Jim and Mike have been there enough to know.... haven't you guys??

Uhhh.. no not really! Only been there 3 times.

I talked to Kevin earlier last month, and he told me then he wouldn't make it. Guess I kinda forgot to let that be public knowledge.

I can ask on the Redbird board if you guys would like me to. We could get a local or maybe one of the Redbird BOD guys to show us around. The sooner I know the better.

Back