• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Main Seal Replacement Party

Well, I just got under there with the rig idling, and there is so much crap and grime that I cannot tell WHERE the leak is coming from. Seems from in between the tranny and engine, but nobody can be sure lol. And, I've done something to my back here lately so it's really friggin painful to climb under there and back out again.

I'm thinking I have a "quick fix" idea for Big Bear, and I'll fix the actual issue when I get home. I dunno what I've done to myself, but for like two weeks my upper back is killing me lol. Sigh...

It is called working your ass off for years and AGE...

my buddy calls it the post fight club.. thats why my friends and i all hurt lol

well i'll still swing by after i pick up my shackles so u can help me lol

do u mind if i come by to hang and put the my leaf bushings in.. all my tools are in mira loma or storage,,,

hey i'm going to big cheese to have lunch with my dad but after that i'll come by i u dont mind.. i dont have the tools here to do the bushing replacement....

what kind of springs? if they are the RE's with the pressed in metal/rubber bushings you are going to need a press or a whole lot of muscle and a couple big prybars.

He had it done in no time, and then we got my 44 in--with a LOT of massaging. :D

Thanks, Steve. That was really cool of you to stay all day and help out. My hybrid axle just might work out. :cheers:

Back