• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re 3.5 with 31s and stock rims

RiverMule

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be ordering the re 3.5 super ride kit real soon. but im on a tight budget and wanted to know if i could fit 31x10.5s in there with the stock rims. Also will i need a sye kit with this kit, if so how much more money will that be?

It depends on the year of your XJ. I think the pre 96 or 97 will be fine without the SYE. I am running between 4 1/2 and 5 ins. of lift on my 94 XJ with just a 1 in. T-case drop. And yes, you will be able to fit 31's on stock rims. Good luck.

RiverMule said:
I have a 99, so there will be no rubbing with 31s on stock rims?
You will want to put spacers on your steering stops (two washers) and you will want to relocate your front brake lines so that they run PARALLEL to the shock (easy: unbolt the mount, drill two holes, take one bend out in the hardline, make slight curve in it and you're done)

With the new style output(97+) the chances of vibes is high.You can get the PORC SYE kit for under 200$,but youll also need a new driveshaft 250-350$.

i have a 97 on 31 10.50 and i rubbed making turns but that was with only 3 inchs (pro) and very little trimming of the plastic and removal of the mud flaps so i put another 1 3/4 spacer and shackles (daystar) inch lift. rubbing gone. No sye but after reading around i think im the only 1 with that much lift and no sye i guess, I had vibes at first put 1 inch t-case drop (rustys) and new u-joint (Autozone) vibes gone

i have a 99, 3 inch lift and run 32s 11.50 wide on stock rims. and it rubs the lower control arms on full lock of steering, so just don't turn clompletely, and don't let you're friends drive, cause they always do it. haha other than that no trimming or anything, maybe later when it starts to sag a lil. but otherwise i love big tires + lil lift.

I have a 2000 and also went with the RE3.5" super ride kit. I however, did have to go the SYE route. Vibes were horrible. I put 31x10.5's on the factory wheels. They work fine.

I have a 99 w/ 3.5-4 lift, and 31x10.5 on OEM aluminum rims. Went with a RE hack/tap SYE and High Angle drive shaft (longer after installation of SYE). Angle shims in the rear leaf pack. No vibrations.
Does rub on LCA at full lock, but not on fender or flare.
Call Dirk @ DPG Offroad (he carries RE, plus) -http://www.dpgoffroad.com/

Back