• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

random jeep stuff

Ken, any Renix era parts? Gary needs a TB rubber hose to airbox and any good vac line assemblies.

It's sitting awaiting new injectors, my local yard was no help.

I got nothin' for RENIX... the only RENIX era parts I have are for 2.5L TBI and they're completely different unfortunately.

Still got em. Want anything else that'll fit in a small flat-rate box (8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8")? If so, I can send it all for $25 plus whatever else you want.

Also, that's exactly why I originally bought these brackets - I hate trying to transfer a pattern from a goofy shaped rear crossmember onto paper and then onto metal stock without screwing up any of the dimensions.

Just counted and it turns out I am an idiot. I have one more MJ tailgate than I need now - I counted beds, not trucks/trailer projects. I forgot I had a tailgate in the shed.

Black MJ tailgate for sale, same one Billy had up a few weeks ago, same price, $80.

New in box Sachs clutch disc, fits AX15+4.0 and probably others, part number SD4187, rockauto sells for $42 I'll sell for $35.

New in bag (box got dirty from being dragged around from apartment to apartment) 4.0 HO (should fit all 91-01 OBD1/2 years) flywheel, rockauto sells for $55 I'll sell for $50.

Don't have any pics right now, I think Billy put some up in his thread. I'll try and remember to take some tomorrow.

still got:
87-96 XJ/MJ NSS. Brand new in box part, fits any 96- with an AW4, part number 83503712. Usually sells online for anywhere over $120 or so, I'll take $80.

set of 4 RuffStuff U-bolts - came with what I thought was a dana 60 rearend swap kit, turns out it was a Sterling swap kit, either way it's not going to help me put a 14 bolt in the jeep so the bolts are for sale. $40 OBO for all 4, 10" tall, 5/8" round stock, for a 3.5" round axle tube.

NAPA ServiceTools compression tester, catalog number 2428, with adapters, brand new in package. Apparently I had two compression testers. Adapters fit both 14mm and 18mm spark plug threads. $28 at the store, I'll take $20 because the package is dirty.

Oldsmobile Aurora (I think) reverse light assembly, this is the one everyone likes to install on a 96 or earlier XJ to improve the reverse lights. Minor fiberglass cutting necessary on the hatch and basic wiring, that's about all it takes to install. $20

PowerTrain Industries 3103-27CV yoke. This is the one people use to do a Hack-N-Tap SYE. Fits the rear 27 spline output and has a 1310 size CV yoke on the business end. I see it sells for around $82 online (plus shipping) - I'll take 70.

Rubicon Express dual shear heavy duty track bar bracket and cross-stiffener bracket (the one that goes from the track bar bracket to the opposing frame rail) - I don't recall the part numbers for these, but I bought them from RCMan back when I planned on building my red XJ. They're brand new, never used, include all hardware. A little dust on them... cover it up with mud. $110 is what I paid, I'll take the same.
Copy/paste from Bill's thread when he sold them:
RE1665 trackbar bracket and RE1670 brace for the RE1665. Both NIB with all hardware. It's been a long time since I bought these, but it seems like they go new for $75-80ea. Asking $110 for the pair.

Chevy/FSJ steering knuckles - got these from Colin when I planned on building a 44, these are what you want for high steer + 5 lug conversion IIRC. Not milled, but they are the type that can be. $50 (what I paid)

What I think are F150 dana 44 steering knuckles. Can't be milled for high steer, large bolt pattern you'd want for the 8 lug hubs/spindles I think (I'm not too good with 44 stuff) - make offer. I don't even remember where the hell these came from or why I have them or what the hell I was thinking when I got them.

RuffStuff dana 60 cover, with drain plug and countersunk bolts. $120 (they're going for $130+ on their site right now without the drain plug or countersinking and that's before shipping!)

d30 stock cover - give me a beer or tell me a good joke (that isn't my jeep)
d30 and d35 diff cover gaskets, made out of fiber - I have no idea why anyone would ever want these, I bought them back when I was a total idiot newbie and thought I had a d35 not an 8.25. Free, but I suggest you use RTV instead.

96- hood release cable and handle - brand new. I bought it and then ended up using one off a parts jeep I had. $10

driver side late-model XJ power seat base. I don't even know where this came from, and it's sitting in my dining room and needs to go away. $20

New in box/bag:
Edelmann P/S pressure hose 71824, RockAuto says it will fit 91-96. They want $11 I'll take $10, no I won't ship this one
Raybestos brake hose 38895, RA says '90-01 XJ/MJ 4x4 front left brake hose, $10.
Raybestos brake hose 38894, front right, $10.
NAPA brake hose 38845, center rear, they want $18, I want $10.

Or take all 4 for $30.

Billy's old tow dolly - $400
Has two newish tires, one with around 2300 miles on it (installed summer 2010 by him) one with around 1000 miles on it (installed this March by me in Indiana.) Comes with a spare in usable condition, comes with straps that will hold up to like a 31" tire. All lights work, 2" ball hitch, safety chains present, etc. Toss in a little extra and I'll include other straps that will fit over a 33" no problem and probably even larger.

Black MJ tailgate for sale, same one Billy had up a few weeks ago, same price, $80. I apparently can't count and thought I needed another when I actually don't. Jeff, text me if I don't remember to take some pics for you when it gets light out.

New in box Sachs clutch disc, fits AX15+4.0 and probably others, part number SD4187, rockauto sells for $42 I'll sell for $35.

New in bag (box got dirty from being dragged around from apartment to apartment) 4.0 HO (should fit all 91-01 OBD1/2 years) flywheel, rockauto sells for $55 I'll sell for $50.

d30 spider/side gears w/ cross shaft. Make offer, pulled em for some guy and then he flaked.

97+ fuel tank with sender and pump in it. $40

6x 90%+ tread 395/85R20 Michelin XML tires. These are huge, and I want to see someone make them fit on an XJ with like 6" of lift. I bet Rob could make that happen. $1400 and/or partial trades.

how much to ship me that Aurora plate frame Ken? zip 20832

looks like it'd be around 10 bucks USPS. I'll see if I can find an appropriately sized box for it.

edit: squashman - you coming to the shindig Saturday or should I send it back with Pat?

actually never mind may have sourced one locally.

thanks for letting me know before I tore the house apart to find a box and packed it up :thumbup:

Jeff, here's some tailgate pics.
http://i50.tinypic.com/rk7h49.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ppg076.jpg

There's a few very minor bends in the corners that could be straightened out in 30 seconds with a deadblow and a 2x4, and a little scaly surface rust along the underside of the pinch seam. Probably one of the cleaner MJ tailgates I've seen, sheetmetal wise.

shipping should be around what I quoted Dukie, I still haven't found a box that'll fit it, may have to actually tape one together.

More stuff...
35 tooth short shaft speedo gear (orange) (for electric VSS style jeeps)
36 tooth long shaft speedo gear (red) (for cable drive speedo style jeeps)
34 tooth short shaft speedo gear (dark green) (for electric VSS style jeeps - not sure why anyone would need this, believe it's a factory 3.55+225/75r15 gear)
$15 each. Use a table or calculator and figure out which you need. IIRC I have a 32 tooth and a few others sitting around as well but not sure which ones.

Calculator I use: http://www.tciauto.com/tc/speedometer-gear-calculator

Most jeep transfer cases (231, 242, 300, etc) have a 13 tooth drive gear. In general you'll need more teeth on the gear if your diffs are well-geared and fewer teeth on the gear if you are undergeared. For instance 3.55s and 33s = around 28 teeth depending on the brand of tires you run and how worn they are.

Last edited:
Ahhh shit I completely forgot.

Still need the flywheel too? It hasn't gone anywhere either.

Back